am getting a new guitar, this is the 1 i want http://www.dawsonsonline.com/live/rhtProd.php5?dept=1&cat=10&subcat=8&page=1&prodId=00070596, its a jackson, an i think it looks nice, i was just wondering, does anybody know if it plays very well?
The trem sucks, but other than that, it looks like a solid guitar.

An OFR trem will retrofit, but that will run you another 150$
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I wouldnt go for it. You can definately get better guitars for the price.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Ibanez S470 and SZ series, Schecter NON-trem guitars( in that price range.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
If looks are more important to you than a good guitar, go for it.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I never said that did i am just sayin that it is quite the norm 2 have a strat guitar in my school, they all have squiers, an 1 has a yamaha pacifica, come 2 think of it, am the only 1 with a decent guitar lol
So you gotta go and get some radical V guitar that at very best is decent in its current state?

Typical of a 14 year old.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^ And i gave you advice.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^ I know, and i may follow it, unless i find a guitar in a shop that i want, rather than the epiphone les paul i want, because i've laready got a westfield one, and i don't want to get a another one just because its a better make
who says iit doesn't sound good, my guitarist has one and i use it all the time, its perfect for thrashy stuff and rock, i think its an all around great guitar...and it looks cool too
It is a good quality guitar, if you want to change the tremolo, its a direct swap for a OFR.

Edit: the new '06 model comes with duncan JB and '59 stock pickups.
damn you guys are assholes.
kid, get a dean ml79f.
i have one and it is better than any ibanez or jackson i have played.
if you'd believe me i'd tell you everything
wait, you want a V with a trem?
Dean
Jackson RR5 (though more expensive)
fit a kahler or something onto an epiphon or gibson V

radical body shapes (with or without trem)
Dean
Jackson kelly
Explorers (ESP or Gibson/Epiphone)
BC Rich (ONLY! high end models)
Ibanez iceman

and your little "NOT STRAT SHAPE!" thing happened with me, hence the dean V, its a mistake dude, i mean yeah good guitar but it sucks to sit with, on more playing and more exposure to music you'll prefer the strat shape, and probably eventually start liking strats, good ones are great guitars
Quote by Punk_Ninja
wait, you want a V with a trem?
Dean
Jackson RR5 (though more expensive)
fit a kahler or something onto an epiphon or gibson V

radical body shapes (with or without trem)
Dean
Jackson kelly
Explorers (ESP or Gibson/Epiphone)
BC Rich (ONLY! high end models)
Ibanez iceman

and your little "NOT STRAT SHAPE!" thing happened with me, hence the dean V, its a mistake dude, i mean yeah good guitar but it sucks to sit with, on more playing and more exposure to music you'll prefer the strat shape, and probably eventually start liking strats, good ones are great guitars

i know they're good guitars, i've played one, I just want to explore my options so I can find the right guitar for myself

P.S thanks for all the advice
I don't blame you for not liking the strat guitar, i wouldn't buy one, i'm not a strat kinda guy. V's are pretty timeless in their design, explorers have been getting quite a lot of air time in the past 2 decades and there are some designs by the ESP LTD team to appeal to people who want more of an aggressive look to their guitars. the guitar i have is like a heavily modified strat shape, so it's comfortable to sit with but is original and exciting enough to make me want to pick it up and play it and know that it's my guitar and not a million other platinum selling artist's.

In the end it doesn't matter too much, just get a guitar that you're sure you won't grow out of. If you were getting something in the 100 quid price range i'd tell you standard strat pacifica, but because you've got a bigger budget, it's time to explore what guitar suits you.
Marty
if you dont like the strat style body you can get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
First off the thing I noticed was that you haven't played it. I'm not a guitar expert (far from it), but you should never buy a guitar without playing it. Sure, some people will tell that it sucks or that it's awesome, but it all depends on how it feels with YOU.

But if you want my opinion (which shouldn't matter), I don't like the V's. You have to sit with them classical style. I don't like that.
Quote by DeathForAll
First off the thing I noticed was that you haven't played it. I'm not a guitar expert (far from it), but you should never buy a guitar without playing it. Sure, some people will tell that it sucks or that it's awesome, but it all depends on how it feels with YOU.

But if you want my opinion (which shouldn't matter), I don't like the V's. You have to sit with them classical style. I don't like that.

I probably won't get that exact model, i'll go for one like it, i've seen ones in dawsons that i would consider buying (as in jackson flying Vs)
i tried a jackson 'king v' guitar the other day (cant remember which model), and to be frank, i didnt like it at all. It sounded ok, but they have placed the lead input in a really awkward place. Whenever you sit down with the guitar, it really digs into your leg, even with an angled jack.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Thats a nice guitar, but its unfortunate that if you stepped on the neck it would break. But I say get it.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by cubedeathk
Thats a nice guitar, but its unfortunate that if you stepped on the neck it would break. But I say get it.

I have never once stepped on the neck of a guitar, dropped one, yes, stepped on the neck no, but your probably right