I just listened to Beethoven's 9th and it was fantastic. Do any pieces of music make you feel just great.

Also Mozart's 39th is brilliant.
Talk to Strangers by Saul Williams gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
classical music and jazz get more of a reaction from me than anything else, even if i'm more of a rock and roll guy. a good performance of the moonlight sonata, or any beethoven symphony, or some bach cello suite or something and i'm set. or john coltrane. and that famous break dizzy played on "a night in tunesia"...i had so much expectation for it before i listened to it, and it was all that and more.

on the rock side of things, listening to one of my favorite albums: any beatles album, californication, any up-to-and-including-1970 dylan album, one of the big 3 pink floyd albums, ziggy stardust, london calling, mellon collie and the infinite sadness, american pie, ok computer. all those big names.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Aug 9, 2006,
The Gymnopedie by Satie (my avatar).

The outro to The Musical Box by Genesis.

Oh what the hell, there's lots of music that makes me feel great
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
The PULSE Comf. Numb ending solo, Michel Petrucciani improvising, Michael Brecker on Flying High off of Infinity with Mccoy Tyner, ...

Most improvisation by the greats, in general.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
well this beats any of yours lol

BILLY BREATHES-PHISH ESP. THE SOLO

very pretty song
you should check it out one of the best solos ever
Gotta agree on the beethoven nice to see someone that likes the 9th symphony as well as i But eh, id have to say 10,000 days (pt.2 wings for Marie) by tool is just incredible, id recomend for you all to download it its awesome.
Light Blues and Jazz are fantastic to make me feel good. Some Classical as well, Wagner, Vivaldi (especially the Four Seasons), Prokofiev and Rachmaninoff
Listening to songs that bring back good memories like Ocean Colour Scene - The day we caught the Train or Bryan Adams Summer or 69 make me pretty happy

(I am so gonna get flamed 4 that but I dont care )
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
Quote by visionofadream
id have to say 10,000 days (pt.2 wings for Marie) by tool is just incredible, id recomend for you all to download it
and what would the band say if they heard you recommending people to DOWNLOAD their music?? haha
the climax in Heartbreaker's solo, Led Zep. and also Riff Raff by AC/DC, in general. the whole song is just perfectly out of control
Quote by Alucard II
Lateralus. just wow.

Seconded.

Especially near the end where it cuts to just the open D power chord, preparing you to drop into the mind blowing spiral.

I also really dig "Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd. If I were to ever indulge in some illegal substances you can be sure I'd pop Dark Side in.
Captain Beefheart - Trout mask replica

Just kiddin'

I'd have to say that listening to Tom Waits-Swordfisthrombones was a watershed moment in my musical development. That particular listen was probably as close to perfection as I can imagine. Or when I 'got' Kind of Blue, that was great too.

Oh, and Simon Finn - Jerusalem. Just go listen to that song. now. Best song ever? Quite possibly.
Last edited by 2xG at Aug 10, 2006,
Quote by enterthepigger
Seconded.

Especially near the end where it cuts to just the open D power chord, preparing you to drop into the mind blowing spiral.
YES. that whole passage of music is my favourite moment in music.
Quote by Draken
I just listened to Beethoven's 9th and it was fantastic. Do any pieces of music make you feel just great.

Also Mozart's 39th is brilliant.

hooray for classical! *flashes Red Stripe Beer*

nothing...nothing...nothing competes with the literally spiritual experience of listening to Mozart's Requiem in D Minor...seeing how you liked the 9th, the Requiem might interest you with the choral singing and all...it'll blow you away.

Liszt - "Mazeppa" Transcendental Etude No. 4 (craziest piece you'll ever hear for the piano, i can almost guarantee it with my own money)
Liszt - Mephisto Waltz
The Living End - Closing In (this solo is...wow)
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by phobos
Liszt - "Mazeppa" Transcendental Etude No. 4 (craziest piece you'll ever hear for the piano, i can almost guarantee it with my own money)

Alright, I'll send you some John Cage, Cecil Taylor or Daevid Allen and I'll give you my bank account number
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
The PULSE Comf. Numb ending solo

That probably gave me the biggest musical orgasm, although I've listened to it so many times now it doesn't have quite the same impact it originally did unfortunately.
Quote by Resiliance
Alright, I'll send you some John Cage, Cecil Taylor or Daevid Allen and I'll give you my bank account number

ok...tonal piano. sheesh...
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
^Not necessarily... Ever heard any avant-garde jazz?

Click.
Quote by Alucard II
Lateralus. just wow.

That is all that needs to be said.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
once sent from the golden hall (amon amarth)

the whole album

EDIT: for classical, probably chopin's nocturnes and ballads
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by Resiliance
^Not necessarily... Ever heard any avant-garde jazz?

eh, i don't listen to it much, but often times that hardly seems tonal to me...

i say craziest piece because despite the ridiculous disonances, chromatics, improvisation (the score notes in one place a cadenza ad libitum in 32nd notes), and contrasting times on times, "Mazeppa" has so much structure, a strong melody, and a defined sense of emotion. and probably another thing that's crazy about it is how much different expression there is...it goes from fortissimo to dolce pianissimo in instants. i'd imagine that the pianist's heart rate must be racing at one instant to gliding along in the next. the score itself is a work of art, it's beautiful that in the midst of all the contrasting almost nonsensical lines that there's a controlled and awesome chaos of music to be heard. call me a purist, but that excites me more than avant-garde.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Last edited by phobos at Aug 11, 2006,
OMG, I'm surprised I've only seen a few metal songs on here, because any true true metal head, will get shivers over most songs. lol. One band i get shivers over anytime is of course, Pantera. 5 Minutes Alone in particular. Just listening to Dimebag whaling on the solos, everytime gives me shivers. I also LOVE their cover of Planet Caravan (originally Black Sabbath) its just amazing, love it. There's some classical that gives me shivers too, but nothing compares to Pantera, and I'm just feeling so sad that Dimebag was cut down so suddenly, I didn't even get a chance to see them Well, Ill meet Dime in heaven, or hell, wherever I'm going. lol.
I'll go with the classical guys on his one, Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Bach does it for me. There's something about that dark sound, those monstrous chords, and the pure complexity of that piece. Also I could listen to Vivaldi's four seasons all day, especially summer.
Mozart's Requiem Mass
Chilly Water- Widespread Panic
Carmelita- Warren Zevon
Jeff Lang's live cover of the Rolling Stone's 'Sweet Virginia'