What are you guy's opinions on the Krankenstien, Krank Revolution, Ibanez TN120, and Peavey 6505's?

Are they good for metalcore?
6505 is really good, kranks arent too bad but they are way too expesnive, and ibanez, i dont know its not known for its amps
Most people here would probably advise you against Krank, It's a long story someone else will probably explain better than me

Ibanez aren't really known for their amps, you could probably get better

Peavey 6505's are supposed to be great if you don't mind the cleans not being that good. if you go used you could probably get a 5150 (Exact same as the 6505, just an older model) pretty cheap
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Guitar World reviewed the Ibanez and said it was really, really good. But they pretty much say that about everything they review.....
6505/5150 is perfect for metalcore/thrash/death/whatever metal genre, and i am speaking from experience. If you want more cut to your tone, get a Marshall 1960a cab, If you want more warmth, get a carvin legacy cab.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
out of those, the krankenstein is utter crap, the revolution is very slightly not as crap, and the peavey is decent to good (in my opinion). I haven't tried the ibanez.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the peavey is a very metalcore amp.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ aye.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^aye
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^aye i just said it to feel special

But ya the 5150/6505 will suit you fine i have never played the ibanez as i wouldnt know where to find one then also the Kranks blow nuts at a new level
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
so did i
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
the peavey DEFINES metalcore

i have one and it works for pretty much everything except pop music...not clean enough.
Actually if anything Krank would define metalcore, the genre isn't exactly a good medium for guitar tones.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
Actually if anything Krank would define metalcore, the genre isn't exactly a good medium for guitar tones.

hahahaha, awesome. KSE's tone is pretty nice, but yeah, apart from them...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Funky P

well, before krank it was peavey o_O

then again i tend to only listen to some of the better metalcore guys...KSE + all that remains are pwn.
^ KSE have switched amps so many times it's not even funny, though. I think they used rectos at the start, for "end of heartache" it was 5150/framus cobra/dragon, then it was the H&K triamp, and now I think they're on soldano slo's (from what I hear)...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ KSE have switched amps so many times it's not even funny, though. I think they used rectos at the start, for "end of heartache" it was 5150/framus cobra/dragon, then it was the H&K triamp, and now I think they're on soldano slo's (from what I hear)...

I like to keep track of my favotite band's gear and stuff, but with killswitch its so dammed tough, why can't they just stick with te 5150/dragon setup?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
^ from what I read, they ditched the framuses because they were hard to get spares for on the road...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Krank Krankenstein=crap
Krank Revolution=partially crap
Ibanez Thermion=very crap
Peavey 6505=METALCORE

I think that you've probably got the idea already. A 6505 will get all the metalcore tones you need. It amazes me that an amp built to the specs of Eddie Van Halen has become the most affordable/quality metalcore amp out there (that I know of).
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join