Poll: Why do you believe in your religion?
Poll Options
View poll results: Why do you believe in your religion?
Passed down by family
101 39%
Chose atheism
115 44%
Chose a theist religion
43 17%
Voters: 259.
Page 1 of 5
I just thought of this because of the religions thread, but did you choose your religion on your own or have it passed down by family? I want athiests and theists seperate since I would assume more atheists chose atheism on their own.
Anglican Christian.
Passed down, but still my beliefs.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I'm what you might call a moderate Buddist, I'm Omnivorus(sp).
Quote by Draken
I'm what you might call a moderate Buddist, I'm Omnivorus(sp).

...You'll eat any religion?
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Everyone on my moms side is Catholic Irish Catholic to be exact
Quote by caughtinamosh
i despise them... i don't understand why 4 inches is small for a penis, but long for hair
oh, how i wish i could reverse that

Quote by Chimaira
Some britsih guy said "Good Game" to me, and I thought he said "Your Gay". It was pretty funny.
Quote by sjada
I just thought of this because of the religions thread, but did you choose your religion on your own or have it passed down by family? I want athiests and theists seperate since I would assume more atheists chose atheism on their own.

atheism is not a religion...
Quote by sjada
I just thought of this because of the religions thread, but did you choose your religion on your own or have it passed down by family? I want athiests and theists seperate since I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say this cab is rare
But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

fixed.
BOLD.
Quote by Izz
Yeah I've chosen the religion atheism

It's probably a joke, but you can't be to sure on UG.

Atheism isn't a religon

I chose atheism
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Pretty badly thought out poll and question, but I chose atheism. "Passed down" to be Roman Catholic, but of course truth overrides myth. The rest of my family are pretty much irreligious or atheist as my dad is because of me.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by maddd0g
fixed.

, what the hell?
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Quote by chocolatguitar
atheism is not a religion...

It is, its just not a theist religion. Thats how most people think of it anyway.
Quote by Draken
I'm what you might call a moderate Buddhist, I'm Omnivorus(sp).

...And what's that you eat?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by sjada
It is, its just not a theist religion. Thats how most people think of it anyway.

Most people are stupid. It's not a religion because there is no doctrine or belief system, only lack of belief in god means you are an athiest.
Quote by alex_haeni

I like Islam on toast and Mormonism in my Coffee.
Catholic
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by alex_haeni

nothing like a piece of toast with butter and catholicism

atheist here, trent reznor showed me the way
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Draken
I like Islam on toast and Mormonism in my Coffee.

So thats why Buddha is so fat...
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Quote by AzureNight
Pretty badly thought out poll and question, but I chose atheism. "Passed down" to be Roman Catholic, but of course truth overrides myth. The rest of my family are pretty much irreligious or atheist as my dad is because of me.

I was just curious since I noticed a lot of people post on the religions thread don't understand their own beliefs
Quote by alex_haeni
So thats why Buddha is so fat...

It's the christians that do it. They're just so full of sugar. Damn them i'm going to have to have another bag of catholic balls now.

Nah i chose Buddism because the idea of living a good life and self reflection for that pure purpose did appeal to me a lot.
Atheist. Not my passed down religion, but theist religions make no sence and are a load ofcockandbull.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
religion causes nothing but trouble if someone believes in god or not eating meat or being kind to others then thats great but you dont need to be part of a religion for that. when people join religions then trouble starts as then people find it harder to accept each others beliefs and people within religions argue as they tell each other they are worshipping in the wrong way. when people have been brought up a muslim or christian or whatever they can find it hard to just say no i dont believe this so i lose no respect for those people. people who join religions of their own free will do it to be interesting they do it for the sam,e reason they may decide to be a goth or emo, because they want to be part of something. there you go
Quote by sjada
I was just curious since I noticed a lot of people post on the religions thread don't understand their own beliefs

The Apostle's Creed say everything more or less what catholics believe at a base that is it gets more complicated than that.
Quote by caughtinamosh
i despise them... i don't understand why 4 inches is small for a penis, but long for hair

Quote by Chimaira
Some britsih guy said "Good Game" to me, and I thought he said "Your Gay". It was pretty funny.
Quote by meh!
It's probably a joke, but you can't be to sure on UG.

Atheism isn't a religon

I chose atheism

Since it's not a religion it was a joke... but since the threadstart thought it was a religion I played his game...
i noticed how many catholics there are and thats because of their rules on birth control each catholic couple has about 10 children who they raise to also be catholics and have even more children therefore increasing the population of catholics. whoever invented this religion was very clever as now catholics will takeover the world
None of those. Buddhism is nontheistic.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Izz
Since it's not a religion it was a joke... but since the threadstart thought it was a religion I played his game...

Jus' chekin' can't be to careful on UG
Quote by meh!
Jus' chekin' can't be to careful on UG

BUT YO BRO, I'm Izzy, I don't fail. NEVER.
i could be a buddist im vegetarian i dont really believe in a god i plan to do a career that helps others and im not big on material possesions so i could be but whats the point?
I don't like Catholic cuz the catholic church is nothing but a bunch of powerhungry hypocrits that try to shove their rules down other peoples throats...most of their teachings have nothing to do with Jesu' sayings, they are like the pharasees(jesus didn't like them and He preached against their self rightneous and adding unneccessary teachings). So DO NOT judge Christians on all that Catholic dogma ****. I am a Protestant Christian BY CHOICE!!!!! I admit to experimenting with other stuff in the past(buddhism, satanism) but none are like Christianity and none are true religions other than Christianity. No one is trying to force you to be Christian, but if you cared about your soul you'd be a Christian. I pray for nonChristians everyday. I've been down that road and it SUCKED!!!!!! My family is for the most part, not very religious Christians(my family doesn't really go to church and stuff). Just because you are religious doesn't mean you are a weak person who was forcefed it as a child. You could be a complete anti christian and come from a very religious home...or be a super strong Chistian and come from a satanist family(I know someone like this).
I'm agnostic, my family never really church'd me or said anything about God to me, but they didn't argue with what I "learned" in primary school. I don't think they are particularly religious.

Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
I pray for nonChristians everyday.

Cheers.
Last edited by Rocko Mummble at Aug 8, 2006,
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
I don't like Catholic cuz the catholic church is nothing but a bunch of powerhungry hypocrits that try to shove their rules down other peoples throats...most of their teachings have nothing to do with Jesu' sayings, they are like the pharasees(jesus didn't like them and He preached against their self rightneous and adding unneccessary teachings). So DO NOT judge Christians on all that Catholic dogma ****. I am a Protestant Christian BY CHOICE!!!!! I admit to experimenting with other stuff in the past(buddhism, satanism) but none are like Christianity and none are true religions other than Christianity. No one is trying to force you to be Christian, but if you cared about your soul you'd be a Christian. I pray for nonChristians everyday. I've been down that road and it SUCKED!!!!!! My family is for the most part, not very religious Christians(my family doesn't really go to church and stuff). Just because you are religious doesn't mean you are a weak person who was forcefed it as a child. You could be a complete anti christian and come from a very religious home...or be a super strong Chistian and come from a satanist family(I know someone like this).

THe only ting you've ever said that's annoyed me.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
I admit to experimenting with other stuff in the past(buddhism, satanism)

I could totally see you bieng a satanist.
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl

Go to ****ing hell ****bag.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
at least in the catholic church we have reconciliation
Quote by caughtinamosh

Quote by Chimaira
alright...I don't hate catholics...I believe that most catholics are probably real Christians...but alot of their teachings are against the Bible.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl

That was one of the most idiotic things I have read on this site. You lack a complete understanding of religion, belief, logic, and reason. That was both offensive to Catholicism, and any other belief, as well as atheism.

"but none are like Christianity and none are true religions other than Christianity. No one is trying to force you to be Christian, but if you cared about your soul you'd be a Christian."
This pretty much seals you being an idiot, along with being hilarious.

And by the way, Roman Catholicism is the original Catholicism, so if anything is against the bible it is the other Christian denominations.
Page 1 of 5