Alright, i have an RP50 (Can't afford anything better at the moment) and i'm trying to make a basic wholesome and full sounding distortion. But none of the default settings have that sound. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the RP series and could help me out? Thanks!!
wut is the ''dirtiest'' channel?
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
channel 24 man....
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Peavy Renown Solo Series Amp
what amp do u have
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
I have a first act begginer amp still. I've been saving up for new equipment tho.
Um, got an RP-80, so I don't know if they're exactly the same, but I did some editing on the "Metal Scoop" setting (channel 24, as mentioned above), and find it suits my needs. I put the humbucker simulator on, the Noise gate on 8, the EQ to b=7 m=5 t=8, and just played around with the amp settings until I got the one that sounded crunchiest.

Just take the time to make your perfect patch, go through all the options one by one, and select the most effective for the tone you're after.

If you want I can get you the exact settings of my favoured distortion patches, but the RP50 might not have an identical setup to the RP50.

Oh, and what kind of "wholesome" distortion have you in mind? An AC/DC classic rock thing? A trebly Metallica lead tone? A nice bassy grunge distortion?
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
well i say put it to your dirtiest channel and set the gain, bass and treble pretty high, put the mids very low if not off, and make your tone and volume on your guitar 10/10
I want really just a basic rock distortion...like a Alter Bridge mark tremonti distorion. Just a really full distortion. And yea unholy, if u could could u give me the exact settings? cuz they're probably pretty close, that'd help alot.
Well here are my two most used distortion patches:

1: (Grunge distortion, used for Nickelback, new Metallica, and some Nu-metal)
LEVEL: 75
PICKUP/WAH: SH (humbucker simulator)
COMPRESSOR: off
AMP: f9
NOISE GATE: G9
CHORUS/MOD: off
EQ: b4 d4 t9 (NOTE: this is kinda...experimental, you might want to try a higher bass output)
DELAY: off
REVERB: off

24:
(Metal distortion, used for Old Metallica, Pantera, Trivium etc -and *all* my distorted lead/solos)
LEVEL: 99
PICKUP/WAH: SH (humbucker simulation)
COMPRESSOR: off
AMP: r8
NOISE GATE: G8
CHORUS/MOD: off
EQ: b7 d5 t8
DELAY: off
REVERB: off

When doing these, I tend to set the gain on my amp quite high, and set its EQ to either neutral, or about B7 M5 T8. These are just tones I like, play around with the ideas to get *your* kinda tone.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

Squigglymetal!
Sweet, thanks. Yea, those settings match up perfectly with the RP50. Thanks again!
No bother, let me know if you like the settings, or if there's any tweaks you think improve the tone.
Quote by adamrandall

Squigglymetal!
Sweet, thanks. Yea, those settings match up perfectly with the RP50. Thanks again!