So I bought this squier tele a couple months ago and i'd like to know what you guy think would be cool to do to it. I know it's not the greatest guitar but i'm a bassist and i just got it to help my guitarist write. i'm not looking to spend big bucks, but would still like to hear all ideas. Here's a pic:

Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
you should get one of thoose flame plates for underneath the knobs and paint the guitar red with like a black pickgaurd or vice versa thats what ive alwasy wanted to do with a tele
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Samick Corsair (custom evh paint job)
Bever Creek Acoustic
Boss DS-1
Behringer Bx108
Behringer Kx1200
where can i find a flame plate?
get one of them bigsby bridges, but ther kinda pricey...iunno, i really just wanted to tell you that that is one nice chair u got
hmm check on musiciansfriend or samash im pretty sure samash has it
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Samick Corsair (custom evh paint job)
Bever Creek Acoustic
Boss DS-1
Behringer Bx108
Behringer Kx1200
Quote by Mik3_182
get one of them bigsby bridges, but ther kinda pricey...iunno, i really just wanted to tell you that that is one nice chair u got

thanks, it's comfy. 20 bucks at a garage sale.
found that control plate on samash. that's sick man, i might do that. good idea
i would sya change your pickups, but to have a decent upgrade you would need to spend a bit. otherwise, as for comsmetiv stuff, you coul replace the headstock logo with a fender one ore something similar, you could repaint, not much else really, maybe change thepots and jack etc. buti highly doubt that that would make a lot of difference
i thought about the logo thing but i have no idea how to do it
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
^^that's the coolest freakin thing i've ever seen. too bad i haven't got a laser printer.
get a fender neck maybe? probably too mmuch and not really worth it huh. i think you should get the flame control plate and bridge and paint the guitar with hot rod flames.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i presume your still at school right? well be patient and wait until you go back and then print it off there, failing that, get your dad to take some of that paper into work (assuming he works in and office or similar) and print it of for you.
i think my friend has a laser printer, so i maight be able to use his. I was thinking about changing the tuners, but the tuners on it are surprisingly good. I bought this used at guitarcenter so i have no idea if anything's been changed.
any ideas for pickups? I play alt rock and punk so i'll need something for good clean and dist. I was thinking seymour duncan but i dunno. tell me what u guys think would be best without breaking the bank
you should get some hot rail humbuckers, then coil tap them so you could get some more versitlity out of it. plus they can be found pretty cheap online.
~jacob t.
this may be a stupid question but being the bassist that i am i will ask neway. whats coil tap?
anybody?
when you can have the option to only use one coil of a humbucker. But dont get hotrails to use as a coil tapping pup, they are pretty good pups in themselves but just dont work as well as a real humbucker for coil tapping
should i get hotrails for my tele?
Do you want it to sound like a Tele? Put a Hot Rails in the bridge then. If you want some versatility, get a medium-output humbucker in the bridge, and the Hot Rails in the neck. Look at Pure Tone pickups, they are dirt cheap, and definitely worth their money,
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
put a hot rails in the bridge by all means, but it wont gove you a full single coil sound if you split it. If you do decide to split it, i would help if you have a push pull pot to activate it.
i was also considering the fender custom shop texas specials. what do you think about them?
Damn expensive over here. Not sure about in the US though. Personally, I prefer heavier music, so I'm biased towards humbuckers
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
yeah i'd like humbuuckers too. I'm into rock and punk so i'm not sure what to do for pickups. i can get the texas' for $89.00 at musiciansfriend.com. I may visit my music store today to see my options there.