I have a Epiphone Les Paul Special II, its my first guitar as I am very much so a beginner. Right now I'm having a lot of trouble with fret buzz. I have a friend of mine that told me that it might be a problem with this guitar. I think it has an Adjust-O-Matic Bridge, and the book for the guitar said somthing about being able to adjust the neck of the guitar from the top. Am I headed in the right direction here? Most of my problem is in the low E string and A string. I am pressing hard enough and close to the fret so as far as I know its not a problem with me. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
look down the side ofthe neck... if its not really really straigth then theres your problem

look up truss rod adjustment
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
What does the adjustable bridge do? It apears to adjust the height of the strings off the fretboard. I think I is a problem with the neck not being straight, but I'm still curious on what this bridge does. Any help will be greatly apreciated.
Hopefully your action is just too low, but if the neck is warped you gotta call in the help of a tech. Since you said you're a beginner, you should be taking it to a tech no matter what. Have him show you whats wrong and how to fix it. And in the future, keep your guitar in a climate-controlled room and preferably in a hard-shell case. Severe changes in temperature warp wood. Cold makes it contract and warm air makes it expand. If you take your guitar out of a 80 degree room and place it in your 20 degree trunk in the middle of winter, your axe will NOT thank you.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
There were two apparent problems that were fixed while I was going through your advice. While screwing around with the bridge I accidentally broke one of the strings(not like too tight, I accientally slipped with the screwdriver) so I decided this would be a good time to change the strings as well. When I bought the guitar I had heard that there were crappy strings on it stock so I got a set of ernie ball's, when I put them back in some of the buzzing went away. After that I raised the action a little like you guys said and most of the rest went away. Now the only buzzing I get is when I pick the low E string really hard. I would take it into a tech and get it looked at further but, alas, I live 250 miles out in the middle of knowhere alaska. Thank you very much for all your help.