can anyone tell me which megadeath and slayer record to get?

i just started getting in to slayer and megadeath, which 1 cd from each band would you get if you had a choice, which are the best?
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
i'd say reign in blood for slayer and for megadeth im not sure which one is best.................
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
definitely reign in blood. Or christ illusion. that's a good album too
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
For megadeth my personal favourties are rust in peace, Countdown to extinction, and youthanasia.

Slayer id say reign in bloo/south of heaven, get both rather than one or the other, as they are pretty different to each other.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Slayer: Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, Reign In Blood, South of Heaven, Seasons in The Abyss, Christ Illusion

Megadeth: Rust In Peace, Peace Sells..., Countdown to Extinction, The System Has Failed
'Deth - Rust in Peace is a good album to start out on...

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
^ yea, actually i agree, Seasons is more technical than Reign, so its good for showing Slayer at there best when thinking. lol.
Slayer - Reign In Blood, Seasons in the abyss.
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
RiB got really old for me, but for a while there it was amazing.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Slayer - hell awaits or reign in blood .
Megadeth - RIP and 1992 - Countdown To Extinction.
And btw .shouldnt this thread be in the rec or the ONLY thrash thread ?
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Megadeth - Rust in Peace. No question.
Slayer - IGNORE THE PEOPLE WHO SAY TO GET CHRIST ILLUSION. DON'T. Reign in Blood is a good introduction to them, that's the first album everyone gets, but South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are better. Hell Awaits is very cool as well. Show No Mercy's great but I wouldn't recommend it as a first, considering it has a different sound than most Slayer, except if you are more of a classic heavy metal fan than a thrash fan.
Quote by SickMetal
Megadeth - Rust in Peace. No question.
Slayer - IGNORE THE PEOPLE WHO SAY TO GET CHRIST ILLUSION. DON'T. Reign in Blood is a good introduction to them, that's the first album everyone gets, but South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are better. Hell Awaits is very cool as well. Show No Mercy's great but I wouldn't recommend it as a first, considering it has a different sound than most Slayer, except if you are more of a classic heavy metal fan than a thrash fan.

I do agree.

I'd say buy either Regin in Blood, South of Heaven, and Seasons first, then go on to Hell Waits and Show No Mercy.
Didn't read this whole thread, but I'm sure these two have already been said. Either way, Slayer-Reign In Blood
Megadeth-Rust In Piece
Fuck that for Megadeth

My own transistion was as follows:

Rust in Peace
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
So Far, So Good... So What!
Countdown to Extinction

My favourite album has to be Peace Sells, followed by SFSGSW.. There are tracks on these albums that are simply thrash metal masterpieces - "Wake Up Dead, Peace Sells, Devil's Island, Mary Jane, In My Darkest Hour, Hook in Mouth"

I think the riffery in Rust in Peace is too complex for a noob to appreciate, the songs dont simply kick your ass like the previous two albums. Metalheads with the hardened arteries of substance abuse will really appreciate SFSGSW.

If you can, try to get your hands on a second hand copy of any of the albums Ive mentioned, so you dont get the remastered shit. I reckon Dave fucked up the production when he decided to remaster all the Megadeth albums.

As for Slayer, hands down: Reign in Blood. No ifs, buts, maybes.
After that get Seasons In the Abyss or Show No Mercy... I don't really dig South of Heaven - too slow :P, and Tom Araya's vocal styling on that album also shits me to tears.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
rust in peace and reign in blood if you want to start with the most famous albums

if u want the most recent slayer's christ illusion came out today and megadeth's United Abominations comes out on halloween (if you dont no wen that is, its oct. 31)
Do Unto Others As They Have Done To You,
But What The Hell Is This World Coming To?
Blow The Universe Into Nothingness,
Nuclear Warfare Shall Lay Us To Rest!

METALLICA - FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE
Megadeth- Rust in Peace <--- you cant go wrong, one of the greatest thrash cds ever

Slayer- Reign in BLood <--- alot of slayer **** is for the most part the same thing, this is thier most popular album though and i guess would be a good starter