This picture is taken from chordhouse.com, and it's supposed to be a scale. But from what I've learned there aint that many notes in a scale, imagine how confused I am right now.
Question one. Am I supposed to play all this notes or is this different positions?
Question two. Whats the numbers over the fretboard, how can that be fret number?
Yes that is a scale, it is the C Major scale...the numbers represent the tones of the scale....Root=1.....Major scale = R-W-W-H-W-W-W-(H)R
The notes are the scale degrees so C Major:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1
C D E F G A B C

Where you see these numbers on the C Major scale diagram they are the notes you are playing, remember while those are the notes you are playing they can be reapeated in different octaves and you'll still be playing the C Major scale, but the guitar also features the same note in the same octave on different strings. On a 24 fret guitar each note is featured 12 times.
Scales repeat over and over, hence you have a lot of markings of in-key notes on the diagram. A C-note is in the key of C no matter where you play a C-note. Get it? It's a logisitical thing that is easy to miss. Seems retarded that I'm answering this question, but I asked the same thing when I started out...

Like the guy above me said, the numbers refer to the notes in the scale... you build a major scale with the WWHWWWH pattern... Cmajor, for example:

C->WHOLE->D->WHOLE->E->HALF->F->WHOLE->G->WHOLE->A->WHOLE->B->HALF->C
C D E F G A B

The numbers correspond to this order...

C D E F G A B
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

red
Looking for my India/Django.
Okay, so far i learned that the root note is C, probabely because its a C scale. Am I right?