well ive been in this little project with my friend for about a year now, just two guitarists. the toehr day a local bands we have been kind of close to had a fallout wiht their bassist and guitarist, so they immediately came to us. today was our first practice, and i am amazed at how fun it was.

i'd never even seen these guys before today, so i was afraid i would get there and no wouldnt talk or anything and it would be really boring and stuff, not that wasnt the case. these guys are really nice, we share the same musical tastes, similar playing styles, it was great. there was an awsoem vibe in teh room.

to start off we decided to do a little blues jam in G, which grew into a HUGE blues jam that lasted a good 20 minutes, and that about sums up the whole practice. they thought we were ****in awsome, and we were also amazed at how good they were (guitarist and drummer).

maybe this is a waste and i sound like a noob, but man it was great, it was my first time actually palying seriosuly with a drummer and other guitarists. afterwords me and the guitarist were talking, he said to me "damn dude, you can really play, how logn have you been playing guitar?", which made me feel awsome.

i really feel like this band is going to become really tight friends and we can do some great things. a bassist is joining soon, which will give us 3 gutiarists, 1 bassist and a drummer, maybe a keyboardist to join later. i know it sounds overkill, but man it blends so well.

wow this is really pointless, its not a first gig or anything, but man im PUMPED! finally im making some real progress in my musical endeavor!

no, theres no point to this thread, i just needed to say that
Well kudos then.

Nothin' like a first session to get your blood pumpin'.
Looking for my India/Django.
that gives me a warm feeling on the inside
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
thanks guys, it fells great to finally get on my feet as an active musician. i thought i would be nervous and freeze up, but man i opened up like i almost never would by myself. i guess i was wrong about having stage frieght, as they say.
Man, I know that feeling, and it rocks....

By the way, just thought I'd say, its COMPLETELY different from performing in front of people. Then you're in a different boat.
Yeah my first big jam was the other day it was great, we were doing all this hard rock improv stuff it was amazing. It's helped me with a lot of soloing doing group jams and crap.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
a few days ago i was jamming with one of my friends
me = guitar
friend = bass

we did blues scale in a
it lasted about 30 minutes and sounded good even though ive only been playing guitar for 2 months

then we just fooled around cause we werent planning to play
yeah.
Last edited by mrost123 at Aug 9, 2006,
its great aint it?

kudos

ps: just wait till you do that on stage with a couple hundred screaming fans. guitargasm has a new meaning, doesnt it?
imo the only way 3 guitarist would work would be two on acustic, and im alot of songs one of the guitarists should just add to the precusion or something.. id unno
Why the fuk does every body blues jam. When half the people who do dont even like it.
Our first Practice we did what we liked, no blues jamming! What we liked was turning on all our FX pedals and making noises then playing the master of puppets first riff.
TBH i prefer writing a song then practicing.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
Why the fuk does every body blues jam. When half the people who do dont even like it.
Our first Practice we did what we liked, no blues jamming! What we liked was turning on all our FX pedals and making noises then playing the master of puppets first riff.

... and your name is 'soccermom'....
Gear:
Custom Dean Avalanche
Fender Squire Stratocaster
Squire 22 W Amp.
Line 6 Spider II 112 75 W
Awesome, its good to hear about a happy storie for once! Congrats.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by soccermom

Yea, I remember those kinds of jams. Everybody plugging up and making random noise and then someone starts playing a familiar riff and everyone else joins in until we fall appart... the only thing is, that was like 5 years ago, when none of us had a clue.

But yea, to andy, glad to hear you had such a great jam... that first jam with a new band is always the most important. If your styles don't mesh, then it doesn't bode well for future endevors, but when it all just clicks, you know there's a future. Good luck!
I have an addiction...

Les Paul style DeArmond
Danelectro baritone
Rickenbacker 360/12
defretted Strat
lap steel
Yamaha CP-70
Yamaha P-90
Kay archtop
Kay Tenor Banjo
Oud
Sitar
Harmonium
Melodica
Cello

http://www.myspace.com/hi9
Quote by FutureFame
... and your name is 'soccermom'....

Your point is.....
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.