Ok, I am going to use a cheap guitar body for a modding project, seeing as how I dont have access to any of the tools to build my own. I was thinking about making it a les Paul Shape, and like under $200. Specs have to be like this
Not plywood or agathis
Bolt on neck
Tune o Matic Bridge
And I would like to have 2 vol and 2 tone knobs.

Thanks for any suggestions.
I don't know if the neck is bolt on but the Dean Evo is a very solid option in that price range.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
To Metalfan: I looked at those ones, but they are set necks. I am replacing the neck, so Im just going to get a bolt on

To Mudder: Im looking for more of an LP shape than the EVO

Anyway, I foundthis but it is a short scale. Could I replace the neck with a full sized one, or will it be all out of proportion?
....probably out of proportion...but don't mark my words
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by thetoastinator

Anyway, I foundthis but it is a short scale. Could I replace the neck with a full sized one, or will it be all out of proportion?

Yea thats a good guitar but it looks like if you stepped on the neck it would break and be ruined.

I dont know if you have any music go round's around you but I have one and htey have a whole section of under $100 electric guitars.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
for under 200 u can get a dean baby guitar. i had one they are good man. think about it.
Methinks the one I posted was your best option.

1. Bolt-on
2. $200 exact
3. Only sealed and lacquered, meaning it wouldn't be all that bad of a sanding experience and an easy refinish.
4. Traditional Paul electronics and damn close looks besides upper hump.
5. And you get a case for it when you're done. Wham-o. Deal.

http://www.rondomusic.net/gg1stdshort.html
As for that one...
It's got binding. So if you wanted a refinish, you'd have to get a good color for that. Metallic Blue is a no-no in this case. I think with a little intonation set-up it would be fine with a full-scale neck. Plus it's made of alder, which isn't as desireable as Ash in some applications, which my suggestion is made of.
Last edited by SuperAnalytical at Aug 8, 2006,
Quote by thetoastinator
To Metalfan: I looked at those ones, but they are set necks. I am replacing the neck, so Im just going to get a bolt on

Sorry, didn't notice that. I just came back from a long car trip
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
There are a couple models of the Dean EVO, one of which is an LP.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
That guitar is ****ing hideous..

well if he's gonna mod it, it doesnt really matter does it

encore guitars are normally pretty cheap
ill sell u my first guitar for 200, sunburst paint job kinda like fender but called ion insteadfree strap and case included
uhhhh epiphone les paul 100? Junior?

and btw im NOT saying these are good guitars. but your modding them so its ok
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by MAXWELLMURDER
uhhhh epiphone les paul 100? Junior?

and btw im NOT saying these are good guitars. but your modding them so its ok

Ive heard that the LP100 is made out of plywood. Is this true? If not, I may buy one of them, because I think it would be the easiest for me to get.