this is an untitled riff i made today. I dont think its that great but i could use as a verse or something.

EDIT: I added a simple bass line. hope it sounds better.
Attachments:
1.zip
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Last edited by nexteyenate at Aug 9, 2006,
yeah i guess its alright, not much else to say about it. I didn't really like bar 2 though. It's the only one that repeats those power chords.
would that sound better with a lead guitar over it?
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Hmm pretty good for a start, so expand on the idea and add a bass for more depth. The riff did get a little overused do it three time instead of 4.

Just Politics
Last edited by guitarbreaker at Aug 9, 2006,
Yeah adding a bass is a good idea. But don't add a lead, i don't think it'll work it too well. Hey... maybe after the third time you play it, play it again, but have another guitar play it in fifths or whatever. I'm not sure if thats what its called though. Like-

Gtr 1
E|------------------------------------
B|------------------------------------
G|7--------------7------------7----9
D|x--------------x------------ x----x
A|5------------- 5------------ 5----7
E|----0-0-0-0-----0-0-0-0---------

Gtr 2
E|------------------------------------
B|------------------------------------
G|10------------10-----------10--12
D|x--------------x------------ x----x
A|8------------- 8------------ 8---10
E|----0-0-0-0-----0-0-0-0---------
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Aug 9, 2006,
wow thanks for that idea reddeath...i think ill try that

EDIT: I just tried that and it didnt sound right at all. ill just add a bass line
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Last edited by nexteyenate at Aug 9, 2006,
lol oh well... did you actually play it over gtr 1? It sounds alright if you play together at the same time... well thats my opinion. This riff kinda reminds me of A gunshot to the head of trepidation by Trivium
o gosh thats not good. i hate it when it sounds like another band. In fact, I was just listening to that song before i made that riff. I don't know how to play that song though, so it was probably just a coincidence
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Yeah the bass makes it sound better. But I still think there should some sort of variation the 4th time playing it.