does any1 know what there set list is lookin like lately?

i couldnt really find 2 much
thanx
Last edited by epiphone0i at Aug 8, 2006,
their all canadian dates. If your canadian like me, your in luck.
"The Day that I die is the day that I shut my mouth and put down my guitar" - Bradley Nowell of Sublime

R.I.P- 1996
One of the things I like best about seeing Dropkick best is that they never play the same show twice in a row. You never can tell what is going to be in their set. I saw them in July at Hampton Beach and they kicked off their set with a bunch of old school songs before moving into newer stuff. Yes, they did rock my face off.
My rig:

Guitars:
Ibanez Jetking 2 (electric)
Hohner HW300-G TBK (acoustic)

Amps:
Peavey Encore 65
Crate CP-150 and building my own cabinet in the summer

Effects:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
well, i got tickets 4 them later on this month *ny*
ive been waitin a loooooooooong time 2 c'em....but i hear they put on a great show, i missed them on st. patties day which really sucked, so ive just been wonderin what songs there playin now
Quote by MANSKIRT-MAN138
One of the things I like best about seeing Dropkick best is that they never play the same show twice in a row. You never can tell what is going to be in their set. I saw them in July at Hampton Beach and they kicked off their set with a bunch of old school songs before moving into newer stuff. Yes, they did rock my face off.

good ha! thats good 2 hear, it kinda gets old when bands tour & u get just about the same set give or take a few songs....its cool 2 hear there mixin it up alot
thanx
They easily put on one of the best shows I've ever seen... it's a tie between Dropkick, Flogging Molly, and 311. It's hard to say what they'll play though... Like I said earlier, they never play the same set twice in a row.
My rig:

Guitars:

Amps:
Peavey Encore 65

Effects:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
It still blows my mind that people by tickets for a punk rock show. That's incredibly lame.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
^ I don't see what's so bad about it unless the price is over 20 bucks. But if the price IS 20 bucks it better be the best damn show lineup in the world.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
You know what, if you don't like it, then don't buy tickets to see punk bands! How simple is that?
My rig:

Guitars:

Amps:
Peavey Encore 65

Effects:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
No. It's not that simple. It's a really big problem. I don't think any band that calls themselves a punk band should make you buy a ticket. There's something evil, sick and corporate rockish about that. Look at things like Plan-It-X fest and Chicago Blackout, those are huge festivals and no one has to buy tickets for them. I think it's stupid to buy tickets for a punk rock show. Why should we continue to support "punk rock" bands who use DIY music as a stepping stone to getting on MTV? There's nothing wrong with being rich. Being poor sucks, but become rich honestly (I know it's hard to do, but you can do it). And how much money do you need to live anyways? You don't need a big ****ing house in Hollywood. All I'd ever want a band to pay for is rent at a house in 5 points (kinda trashy artsy neighbourhood with low rent) and groceries every now and then, I can dumpster dive for the rest.

**** the dropkick murphy's and ticketmaster.
Though they aren't a punk band, Pearl Jam never comes to Vegas because our venues are run by ticketmaster. I haven't been to a show in ages because of overpricing. The only band here I can think of that doesn't sell tickets most of the time is The Peccadilloes, and if they do they're not more than 2$. However they only play at the Double Down, which being a bar is only for the 21+ crowd. So this town kind of sucks.
Can y'all not do guerilla shows or rent out a VFW hall or unitarian church for all ages shows?
Quote by whyvern
No. It's not that simple. It's a really big problem. I don't think any band that calls themselves a punk band should make you buy a ticket. There's something evil, sick and corporate rockish about that. Look at things like Plan-It-X fest and Chicago Blackout, those are huge festivals and no one has to buy tickets for them. I think it's stupid to buy tickets for a punk rock show. Why should we continue to support "punk rock" bands who use DIY music as a stepping stone to getting on MTV? There's nothing wrong with being rich. Being poor sucks, but become rich honestly (I know it's hard to do, but you can do it). And how much money do you need to live anyways? You don't need a big ****ing house in Hollywood. All I'd ever want a band to pay for is rent at a house in 5 points (kinda trashy artsy neighbourhood with low rent) and groceries every now and then, I can dumpster dive for the rest.

**** the dropkick murphy's and ticketmaster.

Isn't it a little selfish to want all bands to give away their music for free? Some people want to live their life making money off of what they love to do. These people just so happen to love making music.

I can understand an apprehension about a band that seems to be taking it a little too far from the roots of punk and wanting to live a luxurious lifestyle by marketing themselves, but the mentality that these bands should all just give away all of their stuff for free so that they have to work crap jobs to pay rent seems kind of selfish.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Isn't it a little selfish to want all bands to give away their music for free? Some people want to live their life making money off of what they love to do. These people just so happen to love making music.

I can understand an apprehension about a band that seems to be taking it a little too far from the roots of punk and wanting to live a luxurious lifestyle by marketing themselves, but the mentality that these bands should all just give away all of their stuff for free so that they have to work crap jobs to pay rent seems kind of selfish.

No no no, you misunderstand. I wish everyone could be fully supported by DIY punk rock that way we don't have to work crap jobs. I mean DIY punk rock can pay the rent (alot of people do it that way; Paul Curran, Chris Clavin, Eric Apena et al.) but it's just a matter of how fancy a life you want to live. It can pay for a house in a low rent area of town and buy you groceries and pay for your car easily.

I'm still figuring out what I believe about the whole paying for music thing. I usualy don't pay for mine, because it's on vinyl and sold out and I don't wanna pay 100 dollars on e-bay for the first Black Lips 7".

I think there is a way that could be worked out that everyone that wanted to could be supported by the DIY punk rock community. Especially with alot of bands using biodiesel for their tour vehicles.
I do feel that ticket selling is uncalled for in most situations but I feel like it's sometimes necessary in a place like NYC or LA(i.e. places with really huge punk scenes) with a well-known punk band. When I went to see Subhumans and The Wolrd/Inferno I knew that the only way I was getting in was if I'd bought a ticket in advance. I don't live in the city, I live an hour and a half away by train and I'm not very good with navigating the subway system(I know that's pathetic of me) so I don't really have the option of waiting outside and paying at the door. Even if I did the odds are against me getting in since there'd be plenty of people who'd already in line by the time I got there. I simply can't afford to go into the city to be turned away because the venue is full.

In short my views are
Ticket selling for an open-air show or show with local bands = LAME
Ticket selling for a show with a small to meduim sized venue with at least one big punk band = still lame but sort of understandable
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75

Quote by MattTheArsonist

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by CowsWithGuns
I do feel that ticket selling is uncalled for in most situations but I feel like it's sometimes necessary in a place like NYC or LA(i.e. places with really huge punk scenes) with a well-known punk band. When I went to see Subhumans and The Wolrd/Inferno I knew that the only way I was getting in was if I'd bought a ticket in advance. I don't live in the city, I live an hour and a half away by train and I'm not very good with navigating the subway system(I know that's pathetic of me) so I don't really have the option of waiting outside and paying at the door. Even if I did the odds are against me getting in since there'd be plenty of people who'd already in line by the time I got there. I simply can't afford to go into the city to be turned away because the venue is full.

In short my views are
Ticket selling for an open-air show or show with local bands = LAME
Ticket selling for a show with a small to meduim sized venue with at least one big punk band = still lame but sort of understandable

i unsderstand if a show is like 5-8$, or 10-15 at the most, but if its any more than that they can **** off beacuse thats asking way too much
yeah but some bands really like to break ****, and if they aer a DIY punk band, they probably only have enough to live, and not to get stuff for their band, and also it takes money to record unless you do it yourself, which still costs a bit to do
^ I don't mind paying to see bands play. Hell, I like giving monetary support to bands I like as long as I'm not being ripped off, like paying $21.99 for one lousy cd or something like that. Having to buy a ticket is just annoying.

Quote by MattTheArsonist

Quote by UraniYum