wlel i have finally decided on a pickup set. the duncan custom and jazz. from everything they say on musiciansfriend and seymourduncan.com, and all of the reviews, they are just what im looking for. i was wondering, after i get them how much do people usually charge to install pickups? the pickups together will be roughly 160, so i want to know how much the installation will cost. i might be able to get a discount from my guitar teacher, but i dont know. so anyway, how much?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Got a soldering iron? If so, it will be free. It is really easy. Seymour duncan will have a wiring diagram. You can do it, man.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
wlel i have finally decided on a pickup set. the duncan custom and jazz. from everything they say on musiciansfriend and seymourduncan.com, and all of the reviews, they are just what im looking for. i was wondering, after i get them how much do people usually charge to install pickups? the pickups together will be roughly 160, so i want to know how much the installation will cost. i might be able to get a discount from my guitar teacher, but i dont know. so anyway, how much?

Any more than ~20 a pup and you're getting ripped off.
it cost me $25 per pickup at my local guitar store... but at the guitar center near me its like 40 bucks per pickup...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
well i dont have one, but i can get one most probably. if i can i might. i know 2 people who might do it for free. so hopefully they will. if not then i might try to do it myself. with my dad helping probably haha. but im just interested in how much it would be

edit: what kind of pickups??? and what kind of store? i might go there.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
well i dont have one, but i can get one most probably. if i can i might. i know 2 people who might do it for free. so hopefully they will. if not then i might try to do it myself. with my dad helping probably haha. but im just interested in how much it would be

edit: what kind of pickups??? and what kind of store? i might go there.

Local music store, and humbuckers (Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB).

I got it done for free because I take lessons there; normally I think they charge around 25 per humbucker.
well thats good. ill just go to the store where my teacher works hahaha thanks for the help guys

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣