alot of the time when i bend a note a whole step quickly, the string above will ring when i realease, or go to the next note. Will raising the action fix this? or do i just need to be more careful? thanks
Raising your action won't help this. Just practice and experiment different ways to bend and pull off to minimize other strings ringing.
try not trimming your finger nails quite as short alot of the time the string will end up caught under your finger nail and youl end up plucking it when you release teh bend
Try using your picking hand to mute - when you bend, lay your palm lightly on the strings above the string your bending. When you bend and hit the adjacent string, it won't ring because you're muting.

Or try it with your fretting hand. When you bend (taking into account you bend with more than one finger) take your index finger off the bend and lay it lightly vertical point towards you. When you bend and hit the adjacent string, it won't ring because you're muting it.

You can mess around and try some variations on them and see what you can come up with stop unwanted string noise.