howdy all!

thats right, after much deliberation over what to build, when to build it, what way to buy etc. i finally just went out and bought all the components i need for a Ross Comp. I'm extremely excited about this and i am only waiting on the CA3080e IC, the 3PDT switch and i forgot to get input and output jacks, but other than that i have everything.

Anyway, here's some pictures of the components etc. and my new soldering iron and solder i should include a pic of the old stuff sometime so you guys can see that i really was in the stone age. Anyway, without any further ado, i present to you, components!

I'll organise the components more tomorrow, but until then, goodnight!
i know its been like two months since i first thought about it, you started, finished, started again, finished again, played around, designed and set up your own mini business type thing all in the time it took me to get started
Sounds cool! Are you going to do a step by step tutorial?
Mental Transmissions
-Coming Soon to Podcast-
Email:MentalTransmissions@gmail.com

Quote by Dudage

SPELL SOME WORDS.
It doesn't take that much effort to write out words in thier entirety.
d00 u undrstnd wht 1'm s4ying 2 u?

#3 - UG Evanescence F-Club
Quote by MentalTrans
Sounds cool! Are you going to do a step by step tutorial?

yeah you definately should.
i forgot to order my 10K resistors, i should have them by next week at some point, i'll do a step by step tutorial for it if you all want, but i may no have the time to build for a fortnight yet, i go on a survival expedition next sunday
Survival expedition...
Well I would say "Good luck with the pedal," but seeing as this is a "survival expedition", "Good luck with your life."

I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
What kind of survival expedition is this you speak of? Good luck with it and with the pedal also.
we walk 162 Km in 5.5 days with minimal food and a tarpaulin sheet for a shelter. we're walking across the highlands, so the 162Km is as the crow flies, not taking into account footpaths which never go in a straight line, and walking up and down hills and mountains. Oh, and did i mention that we are carrying a burgan on our backs which weighs atleast a 3rd of our body weight?

sounds awful, but it is fun really.

And back onto the subject of a pedal, it's a 3.1mm DC power jack that i need for standard Boss 9V adaptors right?
i still havent got all my parts but i decided to make a start with what i do have, so i cut the veroboard and soldered in the resistors and the diodes.

PICS:

veroboard cut

cut veroboard again, also you can see how i organised the components god im a geek

half the resistors in place under side

half the resistors in place underside angle no.2

half the resistors in place top

half the resistors in place top angle no.2

sorry for bad photos, will get better ones eventually, but the way i see it it's better than nothing

all resistors in place underside

all resistors in place underside angel no.2

all resistors top

all resistors top angle no.2
Thats cool
Good luck on the build thesumoftwo
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
cool...

See, I told you it was hard to get non-blurry pictures! haha

I'm using my phone lol.

and i dont think anyones very interested, until the soundclips
Pictures make everything seem better =]

&& good job with the build so far.
haha yea i use a box cutting (razor blade thing). I was cutting a IC socket and it also snapped straight off. I was home alone and couldnt find it so I was scared I would step on it. I looked everywhere but couldnt find it. My dad found it right on the table next to where i was using in :p . But we have like a million extra blades.
Any progress on the pedal?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
yea any progress also you started august 8th and still not done.
Gear

Esp Ex-400BD
Jackson ps1
Dimebag crybaby from hell
Boss NS-2
Peavey xxx super 40 efx
haha, i have been completely swamped with work and the such, i haven't even had time to order the IC the ins and outs, the switch and a few more resistors, i did get all the caps and diodes in place though, i can go and take some pics of that if you want me to?
where did you get the schems?
Sweet build and PICS!!!
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by thesumoftwo
i used a layout from aronnelson.com/galery great site

Hi i like what ya doin so far, I tried the aronnelson.com in my search & came up with a page not found can u post the correct address please , as im interested in doin some pedals (im a tech so could b of use 2 u if u need some over internet help) keep it goin. The BUZZ when u get ya stuff goin (especially if ya have heaps of drama) is emmence!!! Have fun doin it that is the key & all of a suddun 2 or 3 hours have gone by & hunger wakes u from your work freenzy (4 want of a better word) COOL later
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

thanks pink i had a quick look then came back 2 say thanks goin back now
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub