I am a guitarist mainly, but I was thinking about picking up one of the SX basses on Rondomusic.net. I was just wondering how the wattage of a bass amp compares to a guitar amp. For example, if I had a 50 watt stack for a guitar, how many watts would I need for a bass amp?

Thanks
umm that prolly translates to about 30 watts im not real clear on that either though all i know is my 15 watt bass amp is a really big number x louder than a 15 watt guitar amp
Quote by fu man chu
umm that prolly translates to about 30 watts im not real clear on that either though all i know is my 15 watt bass amp is a really big number x louder than a 15 watt guitar amp

I thought you needed more wattage for a bass amp because it takes a lot more to move the bass speakers.
haha you might be right all i know is that a 30 watt bass amp kills a 30 watt guitar amp and so on im not real clear on why....
The rule of thumb is you should have 3 times the wattage of your guitarist's amp.

And yes, bass amps come in much higher wattage ratings because it takes more power to push air with such low frequencies.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
i dont think it takes MORE watt to produce a guitar signal on a bass amp
bass amps can handle a wider range of frequencies easier.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-
i dont think it takes MORE watt to produce a guitar signal on a bass amp
bass amps can handle a wider range of frequencies easier.

Um...that's not what I said.

I said it takes more wattage to move bass speakers because they're putting out such low frequencies which makes it more difficult to push the air and project the sound.

Guitar amps require less wattage because it's easier to push the air and project the sound because it is neither too low nor too high, it's in the middle...I guess.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
now youve confused me.
great job.
[/leaves thread]
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules