Well I'm looking to take my current black fender mexican telecaster and change it to a little something like this:

But i dont really know what paints to get to get the colors needed for the burst, any suggestions?
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
looks like a sort of peach colour. if it's white before you do the burst, you'll probably only need one colour.
yeah i know i dont want ugly poplar grain to be showing, so that rules out transparent colors.

so i need a white base, a red most likely. anybody think i'll need some orange in there too?
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
so you're positive you dont see any orange in there? cuz it seems like its there. i shouldve made this thread peachburst tele
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
No, when painting a two tone burst, you only fade one color to the other. In your case you would lay down the white base coat and then spray the pink (or whatever color you want) darker around the edges and then fade it down until the white shows in the center. It's kind of hard to explain without doing it while I'm trying to explain it, but hopefully you'll understand it.
^I think he's talking about the tone of the "pink." Like maybe pink with some orange thrown in..
Unless I'm mistaken.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah, I know about bursts. I guess I'll just use a white base and a mix of red, white, and orange(hopefully to get peach) for the other color. thanks for the help guys, I'll definately start this right after (or maybe during) my lap steel build. Check it out

Edit: ^Just saw your post Pink Queen, good call
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group