Not sure whats the matter with my guitar or if its supposed to be like this but the strings are very tight on it and its hard to do bends ect with it. The guitar is in perfect tune(I use a Boss chromatic tuner). I've used other guitars like my model at guitarcenter and the strings on them bend a lot easier.

My guitar is a Fender Strat Japanese model reissue 62.
I just dont know how to release the tension off the strings but still make it in tune..any help would be great.
maybe lowering the action or the bridge, or maybe your string gauge is to high and didnt know what you were buying.
you probably just have a higher gauge of strings on it.
take it to a g uitar center and have it set up for 10s or 9s or something that should help.
what gauge strigs are they? your best bet is to take it to a guitar tech and get them to look at it
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
is ur bridge lifted?

if so u need to flip it over and loosen the screws in the back cavity.
level it up, and then check the action.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Like they said, the string gauge may be too high. And the truss rod may need to be adjusted.
Thanks for all your input. I'm thinking now it might be the gauge of the strings that might be the problem.
i'll take it in to guitarcenter to get them to fix it.
My acoustic strangely has the same problem. Maybe the guage of the strings is just too big...
For my electric I just got what strings the guy at the guitarcenter said was best. I'm pretty retarded when it comes to these things I guess.
Quote by af2w131f
Thanks for all your input. I'm thinking now it might be the gauge of the strings that might be the problem.
i'll take it in to guitarcenter to get them to fix it.
My acoustic strangely has the same problem. Maybe the guage of the strings is just too big...
For my electric I just got what strings the guy at the guitarcenter said was best. I'm pretty retarded when it comes to these things I guess.

on my fender 62 reissue im pretty sure ive got 9's.
still curious if ur bridge is level tho.

Plus, i dont like that the guy in guitar center gave u poor advise, and u seem to be bringing it back to them to give them more business.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Might be a stupid idea but, have ye tried replacing the strings? I've got Fender Bullets on my U.S Strat, and they're f**ckin' awesome. But i dunno the difference between a U.S strat and the Re-Issue.
My stuff

Fender American Stratocaster

Vintage Acoustic

Marshall AVT100X
sounds like its the gauge of strings
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
had the same with my rg1570. except my action was too low so i had to do stuff on the springs to raise it up and now its looser than ever.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.