What songs and artists use standard tunings for slide?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Rory was the one who came to mind for me.

Layla uses standard tuning, I think.

I do most of my slide in standard tuning; my guitar that's best suited for slide is also my main solo guitar, so I have to keep it in standard.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Scar Tissue is in Standard
The solo in "what is what should never be" is in standard
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band
www.asparagusnow.com
Quote by psychodelia
Layla uses standard tuning, I think.

Yep.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Well I believe Duane Allman plays slide on Layla, and he always used Open-E.

Hm, I dunno though, could very well be standard. I'll have to go dig up my tab book.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
Well I believe Duane Allman plays slide on Layla, and he always used Open-E.

Hm, I dunno though, could very well be standard. I'll have to go dig up my tab book.

Hmm, well he might be using open-E, now that I think about it... it's just my tab book has it in standard.

However, most of the distorted solo is done on the high e and B strings, if I'm not mistaken, so that could be in either standard or open-E since they share the same tuning on those strings.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by enjoieverything
^i thought that clapton did the slide on layla

I'm pretty sure redwing is correct. Duane Allman played the slide on every other song off of "Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs" so I don't see why Clapton would take over for that song. Also he played in Open E almost exclusively.
Yeah, I positive that Allman plays slide on that song. I have the tab book for Cream of Clapton, and it doesn't change the tuning to Open E for Duane's guitar. I just thought maybe it was in Open-E because Duane played in that tuning exclusively when using the slide when with the Allman Bros Band. Who knows for sure, though. The tab could be adjusted, and as mentioned, most of it is on the highest two strings, which remained unchanged when going from standard to Open-E tuning.
Pretty sure Coldplay uses it in standard.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Quote by walkinbazooka
Pink Floyd- Breathe

Almost every song from that album has him on the pedal steel... breathe has 2-3 tracks of slide, the great gig has 2 tracks of slide... etc.
Quote by redwing_suck
Almost every song from that album has him on the pedal steel... breathe has 2-3 tracks of slide, the great gig has 2 tracks of slide... etc.

yep I forgot about Great Gig In The Sky