anyone have experiences with these?
I own a standard MIM, and was wondering if it's much of an upgrade. I could trade in my MIM for full price and get a 50s for like 300 more. I play blues and some rock, but mostly blues and use a fender blues junior. I tried out a v-neck and liked it. So I was wondering about others opinions

also is the body made out of basswood or alder...and whats the difference in sound?
Break it down and then break it up again
Me and my guitar drowning down and down
Last edited by fenderatticus at Aug 8, 2006,
If you like the neck, you'll LOVE the guitar. Pickups are a bit weak (but sound better than stock MIMs). I put Hot Noiseless pickups in mine, and it sounds great!!!

I have NOOO regrets with this guitar. Build,setup,wood... everything is just great. On par with the Americans. Also very beautiful guitar
thanks

and I just found an AMAZING DEAL!!!...for me at least. I'm buying a blues jr. for 400 anyways, but I just found a classic 50s and blues junior package for 830. If I get 340 for my strat now, that means I am paying less than 500 for the bj and 50s upgrade. think I should do it?
The classic series are made in Mexico, but they're very nicely built. The bridge, the hardware (except for the tuners) and the electronics will be pretty much the same as a Standard MIM, although the pickups are noticably better. However, you get that nice glossy amber tinted neck, vintage appointments and some really good colour options. Daphne Blue, Surf Green and 2-tone Sunburst are some of my favourites. I'm pretty sure the body is alder. You can check the specs on the Fender website. They have pictures and info on every model.

I just bought a 1957 Stratocaster today, which is the MIA equivalent of the 50's Strat, and I love it. So, if you like the vintage vibe, go for it.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Aug 8, 2006,
I really like the colors, surf green being my favorite guitar color, and neck. so thats a plus for me, and the upgraded pickups is good, especially considering I'm getting it all for pretty much $100 upgrade.

I checked the website and it says alder. But this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blonde-Blues-Jr.-Guitar-Amp-and-50s-Strat-Package?sku=480492

says basewood for some reason
I would trust the Fender website, because most Fender Strats are alder. Btw, that link looks like a great deal.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

thanks, I think I'm gonna go for it. Does anyone know if guitar center matches mf deals?
surf green strats with the nice orangy maple fretboard pwn
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?