hey guys.....i just bought a nice set of some seymour duncan pickups and when i tried to put them in my guitar they wouldnt fit.......i just spent $130 on these bad boys and now i feel like i have to get a new guitar to make up for the money i spent......should i try modifying the guitar so theyll fit?.......HELP
Ok well What kind of pickups are they? single coil or humbucker?, What Kinda pickups did you have in the guitar before?, single, hum, or p-90s?, What kinda guitar is it?, just need to know these things thats all,
i bought seymour duncan humbucker pickups......i had p90s in my guitar before.....its an agile 2500 silverburst........."look at them at rondomusic.net"........i think the problems cuz i got the thing with p90s in it so they wont fit right..
yauh thats my guitar....and those p-ups are nice but i bought the sh-4 jb duncan for the bridge and the sh-2n jazz for the kneck....i love playen tool and these are the pickups adam jones uses and i thotd it make my guitar sound better....i could defenelly file the side down for the width but the only problem is how to get rid of the gaps you know??
Alright, your humbuckers will not fit in a P90 routed guitar. It just won't happen.

I see you made a thread looking for a silverburst Epi or Gibson Paul, but I don't think that should be necessary as Agile have another silverburst guitar that will fit humbuckers...

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2800unifprofilesilverb.html

It's more unlikely that you will be able to find a reasonably priced silverburst Epiphone or Gibson than having enough money to purchase the aforementioned Agile.

EDIT: As for what you just put...

The only ways I could see you being able to get 'buckers in there are these ways...
1. Filling the p90 routes with maogany blocks as to get the similar Paul tone then rerouting them for humbuckers. I am unsure if you have the tools for this, however.
2. File down to the width of the humbucker in the routes then putting two pieces of wood on the sides of the route, maybe quarter of an inch thick to fill in these gaps. Fit humbuckers, and use pickup rings to cover up all the affected areas.
Last edited by SuperAnalytical at Aug 8, 2006,
Yeah, after you put in the pickups in, you could fill the gaps with some wood shims and sand them down to match the profile of the guitar top, just bee sure not to stick any inside the pup itself,

Oh and I was thinking about getting those pickups to, (tool fan also) if you get them to work pm me and tell me how they sound,

*Edit* Yeah it would be easier to just get a guitar that fits humbuckers^
Last edited by Spade1 at Aug 8, 2006,
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Alright, your humbuckers will not fit in a P90 routed guitar. It just won't happen.

I see you made a thread looking for a silverburst Epi or Gibson Paul, but I don't think that should be necessary as Agile have another silverburst guitar that will fit humbuckers...

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2800unifprofilesilverb.html

It's more unlikely that you will be able to find a reasonably priced silverburst Epiphone or Gibson than having enough money to purchase the aforementioned Agile.

yauh i know but the thing is i dont want to go spend another $300 dollars on a guitar just to fit sum pickups in.....i think id rather try to modify it....
yauh man thats cool that you like tool.......there supposed to sound really good palm muting and the p-ups i have in my guitar right now sound like freaking **** palm muted so thats just one reason i got them.....the silverburst is a pretty good guitar man.....it looks similar to adam jones's.......im tryen to start a tool cover band though.....cuz ive already mastered most of the songs on there new album like jambi and vicarious...ect..
yauh that might work out.....my dad has tons of tools and he fixes cars for a living so im sure that hell have sanders...ect.........the only thing i dont get is how would the maogany blocks give me a paul tone??? do u mean the look??
Quote by jezjr48
yauh that might work out.....my dad has tons of tools and he fixes cars for a living so im sure that hell have sanders...ect.........the only thing i dont get is how would the maogany blocks give me a paul tone??? do u mean the look??

no les puals are made of mahogany, the blocks Are There to keep that tone,

also I hope that tool cover band works out, I'm learning vicarious, sober, jambi ect to, but I don't think I could find a drummer good enough for tool right now though,
yauh danny carrys pretty hard to immitate.......how old r u man where u live at???
I'm almost 16, And I live in louisville KY (sorry not telling EXACTLY were I live), I'm trying to get a band together but its been slow,
Quote by Spade1
I'm almost 16, And I live in louisville KY (sorry not telling EXACTLY were I live), I'm trying to get a band together but its been slow,

i live in cincinnati but thats a little too far away
yeah.
i turn 16 september 21st.....and yauh dude i wasnt asken for your address i just ment wat city.....and not alot of kids in my skool play guitar and if they do theyre all about hendrix and ****.....so yauh its been slow for me to....to bad you dont live by philly or else maybe we could try to get sum tool covers out there......im gona post sum vids on youtube of me playen sum tool.....sum people already have