I am looking for some pickups for nu-metal. I own a schecter Omen-6 I dont know if i should get passive or active pickups. so any help will be appreciated.
:
get a set of emgs..... doesnt matter just use the pick-ups you got now and tune to like drop c and get a death metal distortion pedal. you will be set to play nu-metal
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
dude dont please..save for a tube combo for nu metal..the avts are very shat...save man please
avts do suck....

umm..id say get a set of KFK EMGs...and get a better amp...
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
the avt's dont suck, they're just pretty crappy compared to tubes... they're decent compared to SS amps. the dimarzio d sonic is really good for nu metal. bands like linkin park and dream theatre (not nu metal but similiar sound at times) use them.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
he's already got a Vox.. I assume it's a valvetronix, and they're probably the best SS amps you can get. an AVT might be an improvement over an MG, but it has nothing on the Vox.
so save for a tube amp and get dimarzio X2N for the bridge and PAF Pro for the neck what about that
:
Last edited by OutlawMusician at Aug 9, 2006,
if ur gonna be drop tuning , get a Dimarzio D Sonic in the bridge
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
i play like drop c and b if that matters and if i get the emgs i would have more holes for the knobs right.
:
Last edited by OutlawMusician at Aug 9, 2006,