I play From from Soft rock to metal and I want a guitar that will
play well clean as well as High gained
I've looked at the Schecter Omen 6 Which suited me well
for I am only looking for a basic guitar but an opportunity has come up and
I can get and ESP for 30% off brand new from the factory (don't ask how)
So I was looking at the Viper 400 but I've heard they are only good for High gained
music

So my question is what's a better all-round guitar

ESP LTD Viper 400 w/seymour duncan's
or
Schecter Omen 6
If the Viper has JB/59 or Jazz pickups you can have nice clean tones as well as sweet distortion. So yeah, I'd go with the esp considering the good price.
well...all you need is a EMG-60 in the neck and there ya go...great cleans/ lower gain stuff..or a good set of SD's...im not a fan of the standard JB/ 59' set that most LTDs have

the omen is a lower guitar..dont get it if you can get a ltd ?-400

id say get a fatter guitar....mabey the H or MH's, or EC...

and the Viper isnt only good for high gain..it can do anything...with the right amp
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
what amp do you use? since emgs generally require a good sounding amp. but yeh look at more LTD's as well since theyre could be ones that you may like
If you step on the Esps neck it will break. Get the Schecter omen 6, schecters quality is absolutely amazing for the price
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
i played the omen and hated it. save more money for a better guitar.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by cubedeathk
If you step on the Esps neck it will break. Get the Schecter omen 6, schecters quality is absolutely amazing for the price

lol step on any guitar necks you wont be able to break it but if you bend it up to a certain point you could snap em
LTD and Schecter are both owned by ESP, so saying quality control is bad is really irrelevent in comparing the two.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
LTD and Schecter are both owned by ESP, so saying quality control is bad is really irrelevent in comparing the two.

Are you sure Schecter is owned by ESP?
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Quote by Schecter Website
Q: Is Schecter Guitar affiliated with ESP guitars??
A: F*ck No!

http://www.schecterguitars.com/faq.asp

I will say though, I got to look closely at my friends ESP/LTD 607B compared directly with my C-7, and they both had very simliar stickers, right down to the hand written initials, and some simliar parts, like the control cavity covers, battery cover, etc... I would easily believe they are in the same factory, but according to Schecter, they have no affiliation.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i looked at the ESP stickers, one's for esp crafting...a luthier thing....one's for ESP entertainment corps....they are not affiliated with ESP guitars
well, the viper 400 is a higher-up-the-range model than the omen 6 (which is almost a beginner model), so I'd go with the viper, the one with the duncans. (if you get the one with duncans, it won't only be good for high gain music)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Funky P
http://www.schecter.co.jp/face.html Scroll down, ESP banners all over.

Schecter saying they're not part of ESP is like Tom Cruise saying he's not gay.

Schecter are part of ESP entertainment group which is run under the Big Boos Corp. in Japan aside from that both companies are very much different