So yesterday, I was at my local guitarshop, and they got a fender shipment. Unfortunatly, some of the tremolo units on a few fenders and a few squire's broke of . So I'm just walking by and I see this guy ripping up a few guitars and ask if I could take a nice fender body off his hands. So, he sold me this american fender body for the awesome price of 15(!!!) euro;s! Together with this old squire neck(rosewood) I have lying aroung, I decided to make this into a new project.

SInce I already have two ordinary strat's (London City and american fender) I decided to put at least two humbuckers into this baby, and wire it so that it has only two volume knobs, and a three-way selector switch.

Something like this:

Any ideas?
Attachments:
Project1.jpg
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Nice man, steal.

I like the look that your going for .
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Thanks, I like it to. After consulting my guitar-parts website, I THINK I'll be going for a regular tele-style 3 way switch, and install a killswitch. Any thoughts on that?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Go for it. And since you already said you have two ordinary strats, why not trick this one out? Kill switch, phase switching, coil splits, sustainer, anything you can think of.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I'm thinking about adding 1 single coil.. Do you guys have any idea of a good HSH- Single coil?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
the dimarzio yngwie?
its pretty high output so it would match the output of the humbuckers

also, where how did you make that pic, if it was online, could you send me the site
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Guys I'm in need of some wiring help. I just got all my parts, but since I use a tele-style three way switch, the seymourduncan site NOR Ultimate-Guitar forums has a suitable wiring diagram.

So I'm in need of a diagram(or instructions) for a guitar that has 2 humbuckers, 2 volume, killswitch(that's not difficult, but since it's on there, it's on) and a tele-style 3 way. can anyone help me out?

EDIT: This type of switch http://www.voxhumanawebstore.nl/webstore/popup_image.php?pID=1520
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Last edited by LikeAStone at Aug 12, 2006,
you should spend the 200 bucks and get an American fender neck, it will sound way better.
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar

Thanks Jim! That's really helping me out!

@sempri fi: I just got my hands on a handcrafted stratocaster neck, a friend of mine used on his custom strat once, and it fits my body perfectly! So the squire neck is staying in the closet..
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
So basicly, I've set up te body and everything is working like it should be(I'll post some pics when I get some batteries). There is just one problem. The neck and body match perfectly, but the holes that were drilled to conect the neck to body sem to be off. What should I do to correct this?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Off as in the neck can't go any deeper into the pocket so they align? Or would you have to pull the neck out a little so they align?
These go to eleven...
The neck can't go any deeper in the pocket. But beside the holes in the neck, it's a perfect fit. How should I fix this?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
If they're not too far out off line, you should probably fill the holes in the neck and drill new ones.
These go to eleven...
What would be the best way to fill the holes?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
I'll buy that neck off of you
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I'dd like to keep the neck It's just been painted en logo has been put on. I just want to know what's the best way to fill these holes before redrilling
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
I'm not sure. With such little holes, whatever you use shouldn't affect the tone.
These go to eleven...
^use epoxy its strong and pretty easy to work with, plus its pretty hard so it wont suck too much tone, and it will hold the neck on pretty nicely because its so strong (like 1200-2400 pounds is needed to break it) it wont be the weak spot in your neck. i use it in my high speed rockets and it never breaks. if you can post up some pics of it though that would help alot.
If you can find dowels that will fit in the hole use them. You -do not- want to drill into epoxy (if the holes are that close), it's a really good way to **** your bits. Also CA glued in dowels are a lot stronger than epoxy. If you don't get the mix just right you can end up with a gooey mess. Epoxy isn't meant to fill anything deep, it's meant to glue two incompatible materials together, like wood and metal.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
hey chris do you use like wooden drill bits or something because i have some high speed steel ones you can borrow that dont get messed up by epoxy, and epoxy is cake to mix 1/1 ratios are way easy, and it can be used to fill holes and do thick stuff, my friend made a rocket nose cone that was like 5in thick at the base with only epoxy and it turned out awesome. and i can garrentee that epoxy is stronger than wood, dowels glued in whatever its stronger period, seriously you can glue a cars tires to the ground with it and the car wont be able to break the bond because it can take like 2400 psi of force to break free, now if it can hold a car to the ground it can totally pwn wood or any other glue really.
but you can use wood algee is a luthier so thats problably what he uses but epoxy will work too and be stronger.
Steel drill bits are not to be used on wood, that's why they're called steel drill bits. Y'know, for steel You can use epoxy all you want, but i'd never trust is as a structural glue. Good ole titebond is best for structural gluing, makes a chemical and physical bond with the wood. Epoxy is purely physical.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
but its for the epoxy, and why not steel bits seem to work fine on wood...they seem to cut a little cleaner on wood too....