What characterisics would nato have? Is it any good for guitars?
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
I would not buy a BC Rich.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
It's used as a substitute for maho on necks and sometimes bodies of less expensive guitars. It is less stable than maho too, it's an imitation of maho, but much softer and for inexpensive guitars.

Don't buy it.
Its better than Plywood and Agathis, but still a fairly low quality wood. Probly fine if your just starting guitar.
my 12 string is a spruce top with nato sides and back. its no martin, but i would record with it.

it sound nice. i traded a squier p-bass for it.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Nato is a relative of mahogany. It tends to be a bit heavier than mohogany and it's just a touch brighter than mahogany. It is nice and makes good guitars. It's only drawbacks are that it is kind of ugly.
Not taking any online orders.
Just thought i'd revive this thread; Nato is not related to mahogany at all. Nato is Palaquium luzoniense, and grows no where near swietenia (mahogany) or khaya (african mahogany).

Interesting fact that I just found out, nato was used way back when as a latex rubber.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Last edited by AlGeeEater at Aug 20, 2006,
Recommended threads
Nato bodies?
The_Hell_Patrol
Last post:
by AlGeeEater