Page 1 of 2
In which metal festivals all over the world have you been ?
If you get the chance in which festivals do you want to go ?
i have been in Rockwave Festival (athens) and Athens Open Air and I would Like to go to Wacken Festival (<great)
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
No 'proper' festivals. Just a few 5-6 hour long gigs with a huge setlist of bands.

If I can be asked to/find someone to go with you speaks necessary language, I can easily get off my arse and go to most of the metal festivals in germany and the rest of europe. It's not like Eurotrain tickets are expensive. Unlike most people, it's not a question of money or someone not allowing me to go, it's just plain laziness...

Perhaps I may go to into Europe next year for Immortal...
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Bloodstock would be ideal as it's not too far from me. Either that or one of the ones hosted in Germany (Beer tents! )
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Rockwave Festival Was a very good festival with a lot of metal bands (Iced earth , Sodom , sepultura , soulfly , twisted siter this year , blah blah ) but they turned it into popwave festival with emo and punk and pop groups (and some metal) so I want to go to WACKEN OPEN AIR which has great bands and great atmosphere and lots of space and great ppl and i', sure I will have a great time (just dont quite sure how to get there rofl)
Quote by controlfreak
been to rock im park in nurmberg, absolutly fantastic. those germans know how to run an efficient festival

^ I heard that ^.. They certainly do man.
Download was good based on the bands I went to see.

But I really want to go to Wacken. Bloodstock would probs be pretty cool too.

^I'm in Boro right now. Teesside Uni to be exact. Just thought i'd say.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Download, Wacken, Hellfest and Bloodstock.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
But, Wacken >>>>>> All

For Sure. I have some videos and the atmosphere there is amazing , the bands that play there are great.I definately want to go there some year , with my car , just for fun.
been to wacken
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Quote by Yeah Dude
been to wacken

Lucky Bastart (no offence mate) . lol . the next time you go tell me , i'll pick you up and we'll go on a road trip to wacken , rofl , cause i dont know where it it.
I will go too , i dont care , even if I have to drive for 4 days. I Love Immortal and I will purchase the tickets via the net so i dont search for them...My hair need air, I have to wave them into the rythm of the gods(immortal)
Im going to Tuska Open Air Fest in 3 years(need to save up a **** load of money and I dont have a job.) Probably will be the best festival ever.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Last edited by PaintOurSilence at Aug 9, 2006,
i;ve been to the extreme texas metal fest. YAY FOR ME! averse sefira blew everyone else outa the water, except maybe for azoth (check them out. really cool technical death metal. crazy talented keyboard player). if spynal tells me about any other ones, ill be sure to go.

my friends are goin to one in the woods of colorado that is supposed to be uber kvlt. cloaks, torches n ****.
Quote by mydadisjewish
my friends are goin to one in the woods of colorado that is supposed to be uber kvlt. cloaks, torches n ****.

That sounds awesome..But unfortunately i'm very far away from america and i need to get visa again and 12 hours in the plane.. no way . maybe in ten years i will visit america again.
I'd love to go to wacken or any other european festival where the fans go crazy for any band lol.
Read my post. Not this.
I've been to my towns "Metal fest". It was pretty cool, mostly local and provincial bands, and Beneath the massacre played but I left before they did because I didn't know who they were back then.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
I'm goin next year to see Immortal lol

me too
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Maybe I'll go to Wacken next year. I'm taking my drivers license now, so I couldn't make it this year. But maybe next year. Could be fun to meet some of the metal forum regulars there next year.
I'm hoping to go to wacken next year as well. This year I by a narrow marigin missed going there for damn free
Damn, a lot of people are going to Wacken...

gotta find someone to go with (normally I'd just go by myself but going all the way there alone is kinda lame...)

Though if I do go, I promise to buy a drink for every UG'er there.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
Though if I do go, I promise to buy a drink for every UG'er there.

And I take it you will drink them all yourself, then
>_>

<_<

I'll buy 2 each then.

One for me, one for you.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Beer comes by the litre in Wacken....

...just stay away from that Count Von Raven stuff haha

Should come in gallons and in Chezch prices!
I saw in a video of wacken some crazy company of friends drinking beer from a viking horn.. lol man . everybody there met friends and headbang together as a family , I guess we should arrange a ug trip to wacken (maybe they'll cut the prices) and i will rent a mini van or a bus to take us there :P.. and we might also take our guitars and drums and **** and gig for the ppl as they wait for the bands to come out . i mean in the backstage , in the places wheree ppl camp..dude its an amzing dream and feeling.. i will definately go. there are some amazing bands and ppl there..
Cheers ug'ers. I shall see you shortly in the thread :P
I went to the new england metal and hardcore fest and saw great bands like Necrophagist, Black Dahlia Murder, Cryptopsy, Chimaira, and oh so much more. It was the first time Dragonforce played in the US! Going to the maryland deathfest too
Quote by Necrolust
I saw in a video of wacken some crazy company of friends drinking beer from a viking horn.. lol man . everybody there met friends and headbang together as a family , I guess we should arrange a ug trip to wacken (maybe they'll cut the prices) and i will rent a mini van or a bus to take us there :P.. and we might also take our guitars and drums and **** and gig for the ppl as they wait for the bands to come out . i mean in the backstage , in the places wheree ppl camp..dude its an amzing dream and feeling.. i will definately go. there are some amazing bands and ppl there..
Cheers ug'ers. I shall see you shortly in the thread :P

Dude, next year... I'm serious. We should make a UG camp or something...

But there's a whole year... So lets make a "UG Wacken meet-up thread" next summer
Quote by -Alek-
Dude, next year... I'm serious. We should make a UG camp or something...

But there's a whole year... So lets make a "UG Wacken meet-up thread" next summer

Marvelous Idea. why the hell not ? That would be amazing.
Ug'ers admins etc , start saving money...rofl
Stop it you guys, you're making me want to go ask my parents if I can go to another European country to go to a metal festival with people I met on the internet
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Page 1 of 2