I resently have been horrid at alturnate picking, which I am normally quite good at and am just wondering, could it be that I am going through emotional stress (Just been kinda depressed lately.) Or I lost all my talent over night. I've also been frustrated becouse I'm haveing trouble learneing theory.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
You can't lose your talent overnight Just give it a break for a while until you feel better.
Since your thinking that you are playing bad, you will play bad. You have to get over that stage and get back into thinking that you are good at it, you just need practice. Then you can progress, take the world by storm, and go home in time for tea =)
www.myspace.com/nopeepingcommatom

Quote by Braindoctor
Dont ask for buttsecks straight away , wait about 3 minutes then WHAM stick it in her butt.

This guy knows his stuff!
Both theory and Alternate picking are things which take time to learn and get used to.

Theory is hard, especially at the beginning. Learn something basic, and keep going over and over it.

Alternate picking: Start doing it slowly on one string, and build up speed.
After that, try switching to other strings, switching frets etc.
Been away, am back
Your probs just stressed out about somgthing in your personal life that wouldn't usualy bother you, but now its starting to effect the things you enjoy. Try channeling that emotion into learnng somthing new or go back to the basics, to see if it starts comming back.

P.S. Could I join the left handed club
Quote by Logz

Alternate picking: Start doing it slowly on one string, and build up speed.
After that, try switching to other strings, switching frets etc.

i did those when my first time..
You haven't lost your talent. It doesn't work that way. You're just having an off-day (or two). Just keep playing like everything is normal and you'll get yourself back up there. As for not being able to learn theory, it's because you're depressed and distracted. You have to take knowledge with a positive outlook or it just won't come to you.
Quote by James Bailey
Your probs just stressed out about somgthing in your personal life that wouldn't usualy bother you, but now its starting to effect the things you enjoy. Try channeling that emotion into learnng somthing new or go back to the basics, to see if it starts comming back.

P.S. Could I join the left handed club

Thanks. And sure why not.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
yeah man its prolly juss stress. right now i suck at alternative pickin but im usually good too. but my parents said im at a young age (13) and is under a lotta stress. but my dads a psychologist so he might be right. dont worry you wont lose ur talent over night.
Quote by skybl4ck
yeah. if i'm pissed and i pick my guitar everything i do is horrible.

same here...