Am I the only one who dosn't like this guy. He dosn't actually say anything useful he just writes tonns of repitive articles about 'motivation' and 'goals'. Why can't write he a article that's not whishy washy self help concepts and about something that's useful to guitar players like music theory or ear training?
p.s I'm not actualyu against self help it's just that he watered it down and presented it as good guitar info.
Why bother reading these articles about setting goals for practicing when you could actualtly be practicing.....................?
yeah he basicly pisses me the **** off but i could be practicing instead of reading this thread too? annd thas what im gonna do yay for 5:00 am all nighter practice sessions
Tom Hess is a virtuoso guitarist who also teaches. The articles that he writes for Ultimate Guitar are, I suspect, just meant to be of general interest and thought provoking. If anyone wants to take thing further then I would imagine that Tom would advise them to take specific lessons from a reputable teacher (he has written an article on that topic before.)
the guy can really play. He does come across very arrogant at times. I once emailed him about correspondance to see if he was suitable, and he said yes, as long as i do exactly as he says. Im still deciding yes or no.
Well usually it's best do exactly what your guitar teacher says.
Quote by V333
Am I the only one who dosn't like this guy. He dosn't actually say anything useful he just writes tonns of repitive articles about 'motivation' and 'goals'. Why can't write he a article that's not whishy washy self help concepts and about something that's useful to guitar players like music theory or ear training?
p.s I'm not actualyu against self help it's just that he watered it down and presented it as good guitar info.
Why bother reading these articles about setting goals for practicing when you could actualtly be practicing.....................?

Stop whining. The man makes a living by, amongst other things, giving guitar lessons. Of course he's not going to put a lot of substance in his articles since he gets paid a good amount of money to teach people those kinds of things. Just like Jamie Andreas who wrote the Guitar Principles - her articles on this board aren't going to be that deep since she wants you to pay $30 for a copy of her book to learn her guitar method.
Hi, I'm Peter
yeh i slimewired these so called principles some good points but more of a rehashing of every other guitar book ever made
tom hess is a reptile
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.