I just started learning Classical Gas, it's challenging but coming along rather well. I'm just curious as to how hard this song would be considered.
I can do the verse part, i guess its a verse?
That wasnt hard but theres alot of tricky parts in between the chorus and verses.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

well i've been learning it since december last year, and i've only really just been able to play it fluently but not flawlessly... you can listen to my latest recording on dmusic page.

it is hard to learn but it's not that technical, it's just really about where to place your fingers. Getting the rhythm is not that hard, but people do seem to struggle the most with the chorus/verse build ups, so work hard on those.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
I think the most difficult part is the right hand speed. Im going to say its on the hard side of intermidate because it requires the stamina that only someone who has been playing for a while can play.
It's pretty darned hard. I keep learning a bar or two then putting the tab away for a few weeks before I try again. It's a damn cool song if you can play it though!
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
I've made it to the 23rd bar
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
I only bother playing the most famous part (you know the one, it was on The Simpsons once...). Sorry, laziness. I'd say that bit is pretty easy in comparison to some other classical guitar parts that I know / know of, but difficult compared to the usual fairly dull open chord strumming stuff you get on acoustic. Anyway, good song.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by ask_withnail
well i've been learning it since december last year, and i've only really just been able to play it fluently but not flawlessly... you can listen to my latest recording on dmusic page.

it is hard to learn but it's not that technical, it's just really about where to place your fingers. Getting the rhythm is not that hard, but people do seem to struggle the most with the chorus/verse build ups, so work hard on those.

Just listened to your playing, fantastic if you ask me!
If you compare it to real classical guitar songs, well i'd say below intermediate- intermediate. It's not with this song that you going to become a pro....
^ Yeah I, I didn't really wanna make the comparison to actual classical songs, because that'd be kind of unfair
My God, it's full of stars!
id say begginer to be perfectly honest, i know im not brilliant and im not too sharp with my theory either and i find this song very easy to play and most of my friends who play guitar agree that this is a begginer song, especially compared to most classical music
Quote by Strat_Monkey
I only bother playing the most famous part (you know the one, it was on The Simpsons once...). Sorry, laziness. I'd say that bit is pretty easy in comparison to some other classical guitar parts that I know / know of, but difficult compared to the usual fairly dull open chord strumming stuff you get on acoustic. Anyway, good song.

hah the episode were homer makes all the changes to the town and lisa picks up a guitar when their protesting against the power plant and one of homers freinds says, play classical gas?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by feltgrape
hah the episode were homer makes all the changes to the town and lisa picks up a guitar when their protesting against the power plant and one of homers freinds says, play classical gas?

That's the one, lol.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
It'll be more appropriate to compare it to another acoustic instrumental, rather than classical guitar compositions. It's of a fairly intermediate speed and technical level. But in terms of musical difficulty, it can't compare to most classical pieces.
I wouldn't call it advanced... unless you play the Tommy Emmanuel version. That would be considered advanced.