hey, i just bought a new epiphone les paul standard and the finish is awesome and it plays great but i have a problem. when i got the guitar i also bought a pack of
schaller straplocks. so i removed the stock strap buttons and i screwed in the straplocks. they seemed to work fine till i noticed the straplock on the guitar farthest away from the neck was loose. so i tightened it but the little button for the straplock was still a little loose. and i must have tightened it too much or at a wierd angle cause some sawdust crap came out of the whole. now my straplock button wont fit in right on that side but my other one fits fine. and ive noticed the screws on the stock strap buttons are bigger than the screws on the straplocks, so i removed the straplocks and screwed in the stock strap buttons with the bigger screws and they still fit fine. what should i do? i was thinking about maybe taking it down to my local shop and having him drill another hole in the guitar the size of the straplock screws. would this work or what should i do?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

matchsticks (tips off) + glue + 24 hour wait = cheapo mans way but still if done properly it should hold up for quite a while
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Plastic wood, fill the hole, re-drill it
not sure if plastic wood's the official name but that wood filler crap

actually put some wood filler ( or make your own which is sawdust + wood glue) and get a piece of dowel and cut it to the size of the hole and plug it in and wipe off the wood filler not attractive but the job gets done
the wood glue intrigues me
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!