Is this thing worth 120 EUR, has anyone used it?

Considering I have a Sound Blaster Live and 5.1 speakers, would it sound good?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
It depends what u want. I have it and i think its awesome its very good for direct recording (you need a seperate recording program) unless it comes with rifftracker which is OK, but not the best. If you are looking to record just guitar or are looking to try some new sounds for it (your speaker set up sounds good it should sound fine) then i say go for it. But if your looking for more like bass and vocals you may want to chek something else out like toneport by line6.

ANyway i got it about a month ago and i use all the time, I havent used my amp at all since i got it. If you have the money go for it, it is a good investment. Hope that helps
Defend Your Dreams
I would take the counter and go with the Toneport...although a little confusing at first, the recording program it comes with is great and allows you many options. As said, it is better with multiple instruments, and the Gearbox program communicates with it to connect it to your computer and alter its effects. Its a good deal.
I have it... haven't used it in awhile. I told myself I was going to record some stuff and put it up here over the summer but I haven't gotten around to it.

I have the Rifftracker version of it and I love it.. very simple interface, but its extremely powerful. The recording software that comes with it is great (Sonoma Fireworks 4) and very easy to use with some effort put into it. I've never had any crackling problems or anything else normal inline recording devices create, and my favorite part is using guitarport online (if you can pay for it)... the tone patches and backing tracks are VERY handy and sound great.
I have one and it's possibly the best £50 I've ever spent on guitar gear. It gets a pretty good tone, and is awesome for recording or just for practising new songs while your looking at tabs on UG. Toneport is a little more versatile as it has a mic input and extra bass and vocal model packs, but otherwise the tone and the program used is the same. Buy it
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Do you think I could also use it with a bass? Or will that blow the input / soundcard etc. ?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I've never tried, but I wouldn't recommend it. Theres a reason they make a bass one I would imagine.
I have used it with bass but they dont have amp models for bass i just used the preset for tube instrument and no cab, but if you are considering recording bass and guitar deffinetly go for the toneport but if you are content with just guitar and OK sounding bass then go for guitar port.
Defend Your Dreams
Quote by rj46g
I have used it with bass but they dont have amp models for bass i just used the preset for tube instrument and no cab, but if you are considering recording bass and guitar deffinetly go for the toneport but if you are content with just guitar and OK sounding bass then go for guitar port.

If I remember correctly (maybe I'm wrong) they DO have factory pre-sets with heightened bass specs, I've never tried it so I don't know how it sounds but I'm pretty sure there is some there.
The newly updated program has new bass effects, and you can buy additional bass amp and cab models, so you can definately use it with a bass
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
which recording software (free) works well with guitarport? I did a search. There are many suggestions for recording softwares, but I could not find a thread which suggests a software to use with guitarport. Rifftracker is not free.

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
I've used audicity and Krystal to record with my Pod, both free. As long as it has drivers where Windows see it as a multimedia sound/input USB device, most programs can use it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids