Hey all,

I need some help, I've been playin around and mixing up levels with my amp to get a nice good clear distorted sound for my new koa strat i just bought. I've got all the different sounds I want except a good clean somewhat heavier distortion sound with my amp. I can't seem to get a good sound because all the sounds I'm getting are muffled sounding and not good.

Does anyone know of a good mix of the Treb, Gain, Drive, Mid and all that good stuff, for a good distortion sound with a strat?

thanks
oyou wont get good heavy distortion with a strat, single coils and heavy distortion dont mix, if you use the neck and middle pickups together, set your treble low your mids high and your bass at about 5 or so, you might get some decent high gain sounds that arent too harsh, but thats all i can really think of.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah I know I wouldn't get the heavy sounds with a strat, but I just need a good distortion sound for the strat. I'll give that a shot
well distortion and clean are the the end of each line, you cant have both together

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

I play an American Strat through a Marshall AVT100, and I get what I think sounds like a great metal distortion. I'm not sure if this is the type of sound you're looking for, but my settings are (on the Overdrive 2 channel, with scoop button on):

Gain - 10 - (all the way!)
Bass - 8
Mid - 3
Treble - 8
Prescence - Around 8 or 9.

Hope this some help to you.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

No. Presence controls frequencies above a normal treble control. Don't worry about it. Also, the secret to truly getting great distortion is being able to turn your amp up. Sheer volume helps a lot more than people realize.
Hi, I'm Peter
Try backing off the gain a little, using the bridge pickup, and turn up the mids and down the bass.
We're only strays.
Quote by Morgy
I play an American Strat through a Marshall AVT100, and I get what I think sounds like a great metal distortion. I'm not sure if this is the type of sound you're looking for, but my settings are (on the Overdrive 2 channel, with scoop button on):

Gain - 10 - (all the way!)
Bass - 8
Mid - 3
Treble - 8
Prescence - Around 8 or 9.

Hope this some help to you.

exactly. a scooped mid sounds really heavy. distortion pedals work well too.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Wrong forum. Try electric guitar or guitar gear and accessories.

*CLOSED*
Looking for my India/Django.
Redwing isn't accustomed to his amazing mod powers apparently...

We'll just say that this thread is closed in spirit...
Hi, I'm Peter