Hey guys, I'm a wicked AIC fan, and I love playing their music but sometimes I feel its like I can't get the same sound, yes its not nearly as a good setup close to theirs but still.
I play through a Spider II 212 amp, with a Schecter Gryphon loaded with Seymour Duncan SH-6n and b Distortion Mayhem pickups. Any ideas of settings to get their sound?
Peace
Mike
Schecter Gryphon loaded with Seymour Duncan SH-6 pickups
Ibanez AEG20E Honeyburst Acoustic/Electric
Marshall MG15CDR
Line 6 Spider II 212 150w with FBV Express Footboard/Wah
MT-2 Metal Head
Zoom 606 Multi Effects
Last edited by WoahTotallyRad at Aug 9, 2006,
im a HUGE AIC/cantrell fan myself, and, depending on the album sound, its not that hard...

i happen to have a zoom 606 and a spider II 30w, so , i'll give you the settings im using for those, im not too much of a guitarist, but i do get a kick of that cool sound , i searched for quite a while! (man in the box sound, dirt album, would) etc.

ill give em to you tomorrow unfortunately im not home today, but tomorrow its cool
Quote by toolmns

i happen to have a zoom 606

Haha I have one too...I only use it for quick floor tuning now though haha.
Anyways, yeah I know reverb and distortion but it seems I can't get that perfect sound I'm always looking for, its either too trebley or not trebley enough, my amp is crazy bassy as it is just because its a beast solid state..I don't know, I just want some ideas for bass, mid and treble settings.
Peace
Marshall MG15CDR
MT-2 Metal Head
Zoom 606 Multi Effects
So yeah. Nevermind on the settings. I'm such a dumbass, I half-expected my guitar to be in tune and ends up one string was out of tune and made it all sound like ****. The setting was decent but I screwed with it a bit more and now it sounds great.

You should still post your settings so I can check em out since we have somewhat same hardware.
Peace
Marshall MG15CDR
MT-2 Metal Head
Zoom 606 Multi Effects
Quote by WoahTotallyRad
Hey guys, I'm a wicked AIC fan, and I love playing their music but sometimes I feel its like I can't get the same sound, yes its not nearly as a good setup close to theirs but still.
I play through a Spider II 212 amp, with a Schecter Gryphon loaded with Seymour Duncan SH-6n and b Distortion Mayhem pickups. Any ideas of settings to get their sound?
Peace
Mike

Get a new amp. Then get a good tube amp like a Hotrod Deluxe, JCM800, or a Mesa. Orrrrrrr if you like Line6 get a Flextone. Then you'll be able to get that sound with some tweaking. Oh by the way if you get the Hotrod or the JCM then you'll probably also need to get a pedal for extra gain as the Hotrod has very little and the JCM is rather low too. Maybe get a JCM900 instead.
A quick review of Cantrell's gear

G&L Rampage (strats pretty much) with a Duncan SH-4
Gibson Les Pauls (or clones) with stock gibson pickups.

Amplifiers

In front: Modded JCM900.
Layered with..
Bogner Fish Preamp+poweramp I can't remember
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier
Peavey 5150.

Now he uses his bogner, his marshall and a Bogner Shiva head.

To get a decent Alice in Chains tone use your bridge pickup, volume 10 tone 1 or 2.

Amp settings:

Medium gain setting, not like insane or whatever its called, the setting before the high-gain. Use a bit of bass, around 5, alot of mids, 9-10, and probably 6-7 treble. Around 1/2 or 3/4 gain and if you have any kind of presence knob probably put that around 1/2 as well.

Of course I can't even recall how that'd sound off of the top of my head but thats a good general idea for an alice in chains tone, alot of mids, manageable treble and presence...
Quote by burning_feather
just **** loads of reverb and distortion lol

You obviously haven't listened to the Jar of Flies album. I would like to know what gear AIC use, when I consider what amp I should save up for.

noobEDIT: Just read the post right above mine.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at May 24, 2007,