Hi

I guess my mexican strat needs a little fret cleaning. I mean, the strings do not slide over the frets very smoothly, and they aren't shining like I want them to be.

Can anyone tell me how to clean them? My fingerboard is maple.

Thanks in advance
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
ESP LTD EC-300
Behringer GX112 Blue Devil
BOSS ME-50
Yeah get some fretboard conditioner from your local shop.. next time you restring squeeze some onto a cloth and spend a good 30/60 minutes (I do, anyway) getting all the dirt and grime out of the fret bridge. It feels great after you do it. Next time you re string it wont take 30 minutes, but its still good to squirt a little on and get the remainders.
i got a dunlop "cleaner & prep" but it says "do not use in maple fingerboards" and i read that maple fingerboards shouldn't be cleaned.

i can try to clean the frets only, though
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
ESP LTD EC-300
Behringer GX112 Blue Devil
BOSS ME-50
Well I'm sure theres some kind of conditioner out there that can be used on maple.. otherwise after a few years the neck would get disgusting. Talk to a pro at your shop and he'll find/order something for you.
Guys, he wants to clean the FRETS, not the fretboard. Use some #0000 steel wool to lightly brush the tops of the frets until they are nice and shiny. Don't do too much, though, otherwise you might wear them down too much and cause fretbuzz
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Quote by robmarsden01
Guys, he wants to clean the FRETS, not the fretboard. Use some #0000 steel wool to lightly brush the tops of the frets until they are nice and shiny. Don't do too much, though, otherwise you might wear them down too much and cause fretbuzz

yea if u use to much steel wool to shine you can wear the frets out
but try someconditioner if u wanna clean them..
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Tooth brush / metal polisher / #0000 steel wool. Its always good to mask your frets 1st if you wanna use metal polishers coz you dont want to get the polishing agent inside the wood grains.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I read somewhere that you are not suppose to put tape on Maple Fretboards. I think I read it on frets.com but not sure. I would look into that before I put tape on a Maple Fretboard.

I recently polished the frets on my nephews toy guitar. I didn't wanna hurt my Strat while trying to learn how to do this haha. They turned out great. Before polishing I could only play up near the nut but after, it was pretty playable up to the 12th fret. But its still a toy and the Tuners really realllly, I mean really suck.