i have an ibanez gio currently with a standard non-locking tremelo, so, would it be possible to stick a fender hardtail bridge on it without routing?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
what do you mean? put a ton of springs on it? the trem i have pivots on two big screws, if that matters. My question was if i could put a hardtail on it without routing, not how to turn the trem into a hardtail. so, does anyone know the answer to my real question?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
It its not a string through body sty;le hardtail...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Option 1)
Tremol-no.

Option 2)
Stick a block of wood into the trem cavity, the wood has to fit snugly so the trem block doesn't move.
OK you can either remove the whammy bar itself from the trem by unscrewing it and then you're bridge will be very similar to a classic fender non whammy trem. of course then if you have problems iwht heavier strings you will need to fix the spring sitauation. alternatively you can go out and buy Fender style hard tail bridges online, they usually have measurements from screw to screw so you know you're getting the right one.
Marty
could i do it without routing or filling?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Quote by shredmeiser101
could i do it without routing or filling?

yes:

Quote by Punk_Ninja
you know at the back?
take the plate off, then there should be about 2-4 springs, just fill all the springs and it'll be the same as a hard tail

I'm pretty sure.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
i don't really care if there's extra space because of where the springs are. just more space to put in other cool stuff
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT