I'm thinking about purchasing a new guitar, but the other ones i own i didnt really pay much attention to quality. the only reason i got my strat because blink played with those but that was when i was like 12. lol Now i'm 17 and this time i wanna make sure i get quality so what do you really look for when buying a guitar? and when buying an amp too.
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat
*B.C. Rich NJ Series Mocking Bird

*Ibanez PF series acoustic
*Ibanez AE 30
at the most like a grand on the guitar and prolly like $300 for the amp. is buying a used amp a good idea?
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
but i dont wanna spend a crap load of money on a sweet ass guitar and then waste it on a ****ty amp..
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
make it a grand on amp 300 on guitar buddy
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
well i have $800 and a fender amp and it sounds awful so i'm sellnig that my strat and my bc rich and prolly my trumpet from when i was like in 5th grade lol so i think i'll have plenty of extra cash
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
yea high end ibanez rg models are incredible..
btw my fender amp is pretty sweet for 100 bux..
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
let's say you want $1300 for a complete rig...

Ibanez RG321mh should be fin, that's like, 3/400?

then you have around 900-1000 for the amp.

You have a few choices:

Peavey 5150 used for cheap + marshall 1960 series cab for cheap, might take a while to pull this off, but this is my exact setup which i paid 900 for.

Peavey XXX super 40 EFX - nice combo. 800, would allow you to spend some on a better guitar or new pickups

Marshall jcm 800 + marshall 1960 series cab - again might take you a while to find good prices used but it should be about the same

Mesa F-series: Good stuff. Good prices.

and if you dont mind waiting for a cab:

Used Engl Fireball
Used Mesa/Boogie Single Recitifier