where can i get a metronome that goes faster than 208bpm? i don't like the ones that you download that get anoying as hell, but then again when is a metronome not anoying? im just wondering cause i'm working on my speed and accuracy and stuff and 208 is as high as mine goes, and i'm almost done with doing 16th notes at 208, but its gonna take me another few days til i get it perfect. so anyone know if they make any that go past 208?

~Timepheonix
If you've accepted that all metronomes are annoying anyway then why the hell aren't you just downloading one online? Did you just want to let us know you're "done with doing 16th notes as 208bpm"?
no....a normal metronome i can stand but it seems like the weird metronome just annoys the **** out of me.
i don't think you need to buy a new one
just set the speed to half (like 108), and double it in your head. that way you can practice at any speed you want
my gear:
Squier affinity Strat, with Schaller Straplocks
Line 6 Spider II 30
Ibanez Ts7 Tubescreamer
Line 6 Guitarport
BOSS ME-50
Oscar Schmidt 0U3 Ukelele
I have a Seiko DM-11,,,,Its pretty crappy and cheap, but it goes to 250. Also, it would be easier and nicer for you to save the $10-20 or whatever on a metronome and just download one,,,or put drums in powertab on a loop.
recording?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
i cant i tried to record with my guitar going straight into my computer, but it was very quiet and the only other way i can get it to be louder is to run out from an amp but my amp doesnt have an output on it.

edit: my friends amp has an output on it, so if i go over to his house anytime soon, i'll use his amp and record it.
Last edited by TimePheonix at Aug 9, 2006,
Get a good 150 dollar metronome like a Tama *something*Station, forgot the full name. You can go past 208, and adjust the volumes of different beats, like triplets, quarternotes, halfnotes, fullnotes, eigth/sixteenth and all those. They're really nice, it's the last metronome you'll ever need.
We're only strays.
dude dont even consider going faster till you know you have mastered 208 at 16th's and it also sounds like you cheat by this I mean your metronome does the work for you(like there is a 16th note option) ... I challenge you to set it at 208(w/o 16th note marker) and try and do it in your head starting at 4th, 8th, triplets, 16th, w/e and see if you can do it, if you cant then dont move on till you can. Also speed isnt everything try and play some of the slower stuff and master that cause the slow stuff helps w/ your timing just as well as the extremely burning your ears off fast does.

really there isnt a reason why you need a new metronome just double 16th in your head and if you cant practice man.. PRACTICE TILL YOU CAN CAUSE SELF TIMING IS WHERE MIRACLES HAPPEN/
no my metronome doesnt have a 16th note option. it only has a choice where you can change the number of beats in the measure.
i use the program fruity loops as my metronome. i just set it to play a snare hit on every beat and let it loop that pattern continuously. not exactly a metronome, but ends up doing the same thing. and since it goes up to 999 bpm, i dont think you will ever need to go faster. the demo is free and you can do what i said with the demo, so its probably worth trying out.
you really should do the whole 16th note or 8thnote runs and that will technically make it faster and harder, but if you really cant divide like that then you can just look up weird metrenome

goes up to a 1000
What the hell are you playing if 208 beats per minute isn't enough? ........................................................
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
I cant understand why you'd want to go that high, I dont like it when people want to go super fast because they think it makes them cooler, i personally would prefer someone to play a nice little riff that was catchy over a 10 minute 300bpm solo.

but since its your choice: turn it down and double it in your head.
well thats 14 notes per second. thats a pretty good speed, but i could see wanting to be faster. i mean, the master of puppets solo is like at 15 nps and im sure the other metallica solos go faster, and the trivium ones do too. so i can see where he's wanting to go faster. if thats what hes into playing, i mean.

HxC
Well, it seems to be really obvious to everyone that you just need to cut the tempo in half. Which means it's also pretty obvious to everyone that you're just trying to show off. And if not, that means that you actually didn't realize you could cut your tempo in half, which means that you should really be focusing on basic tempo theory right about now.
I have an addiction...

Les Paul style DeArmond
Danelectro baritone
Rickenbacker 360/12
defretted Strat
lap steel
Yamaha CP-70
Yamaha P-90
Kay archtop
Kay Tenor Banjo
Oud
Sitar
Harmonium
Melodica
Cello

http://www.myspace.com/hi9
well if he's like me, i have a hard time counting 8 notes between clicks. but its just something that takes a lil bit of work. whereas if i had a metronome that goes faster it'd be a whole lot easier counting to four with in a split second.
well, having the ability to play at a certain speed is useless if you can't play in time - i think it's ridiculous to play over 210 bpm at the most...possibly for a quick run landing on a strong note, but you don't even have to play that fast to achieve that effect
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Yea, if you can't play that fast without that much subdividing, then you've skipped ahead too much and need to backtrack a bit, go back to some basics. 'Cause you're not gonna have that kind of subdivision in an actual band setting, I wouldn't think... and what's the point of being able to do it if you can only do it in very rigid, specific settings.
I have an addiction...

Les Paul style DeArmond
Danelectro baritone
Rickenbacker 360/12
defretted Strat
lap steel
Yamaha CP-70
Yamaha P-90
Kay archtop
Kay Tenor Banjo
Oud
Sitar
Harmonium
Melodica
Cello

http://www.myspace.com/hi9
off topic, but what kind of exercise do you use? Cause maybe if you try some different scales and exercises, you will have something more to practice.
i just use the modes, the exercises in guitar one's "how i built monster chops" issue, and other random exercises. I also throw in a little bit of pentatonic stuff in there, and i think im gonna learn the diminished scale cause it sounds cool.

HxC