Hey, does anyone know how to build a guitar pedal that will loop like the Boss RC-20 or something like that. They seem very over priced. And if anyone has the boss, do you think its worth it?...any recordings with it?? thanks.
id totally make one they arent that hard and all it is is a few 3pdt swiches and some wire shouldnt be too hard, you should make a custom schem and post it up just to say "i did it" because its a pretty simple build.
Well, two totally different views...hmm...I still dont know much about the electronics side of things but i am willing to try...if you have any links with others that had been made, send em over cause i cant find much.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
dude you definately wont be able to build a looper for your first build. i would love a looper pedal, but they require a bunch of parts and they arent the easiest thing.
I wouldn't even attempt a looper pedal. Most DIY effect pedals can be broken down into discrete logic/analog blocks (eg: distortion, tone controls, volume, distortion blocks) but loopers are not, they are always done with microprocessors nowadays, to allow variable loop times/layers. No offence, but I'd eat my hat if you can build a digital looper!
Unless of course you're talking about a tape looper - these are doable, provided you can make a chassis for the moving parts. Of course they are less reliable and can't do as much. Variables like loop length can be changed by changing the speed of the tape reel, but things like delay time have to be physically adjusted by moving the tape heads along a track.
It's not something I'd attempt unless someone was willing to pay a *lot* for one - even then they'd be better off buying a digital one.
Dave
^ Given your previous posts you had better be sarcastic there! Is that a recent model? I've never opened one (never used store bought pedals before) but I'd expect most of it to be in a single chip with no external logic.
If I ever find the secret to eternal youth that's the first thing I'm building, just so I can say I did it!
Quote by sempri_fi
id totally make one they arent that hard and all it is is a few 3pdt swiches and some wire shouldnt be too hard, you should make a custom schem and post it up just to say "i did it" because its a pretty simple build.
Not a true bypass box/strip, a loop sampler/phrase recorder. Like this. They're really fun. It'd be a pretty complex build, and you probably won't find a schematic for one, it's too "digital".

Edit: Ohh there is a schematic, and wow.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Aug 9, 2006,
haha! seriously, if you or anyonelse managed to build one i would be in complete awe

EDIT: my names rich lol, call me by it.
Last edited by thesumoftwo at Aug 9, 2006,