A Metronome. Are they any good? or have i wasted my money.
My stuff

Fender American Stratocaster

Vintage Acoustic

Marshall AVT100X
Depend what you want to use it for. If you want it to babysit your children, no good. If you want it to change your oil...no good. If you want it to give you a steady rhythm so you can build your skill at playing in time...they're a step in the right direction.
Hi, I'm Peter
Oh ****, i wanted it to use as a burglar alarm =(. Damnit, thanks anyway man.
My stuff

Vintage Acoustic

Marshall AVT100X
Oooooh...well, for an extra $10 you can get the combo burglar alarm/metronome. Hitting the wrong button when you're practicing, however, can cause instant defecation.
Hi, I'm Peter
Practicing how to use a burglar alarm?
My stuff

Vintage Acoustic

Marshall AVT100X
If it's for building up speed, they are defenitaly worth it.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
how loud are these portable metronomes? i usually have to crank the one on my computer pretty loud to hear over my playing.
Quote by skybl4ck
how loud are these portable metronomes? i usually have to crank the one on my computer pretty loud to hear over my playing.

Are you playing plugged in?

A metronomes worth all depends on which direction you want to take with your guitar playing. If you want to be one of those losers who practices scales and runs six hours a day, its great. But if just play for fun and learn whatever songs you want whenever you want, they aren't as useful.
Quote by skybl4ck
yeah, i'm playing plugged in. should i just lower the vol?

That or just go unplugged. I never use an amp when im using a metranome.
Metronome's are very good for the beginning guitar player. They can really get you good with keeping time, and being able to do 16th (etc) and triplets (etc) on time. Also, if you didn't really know if a metronome was good or if you wasted your money.... WHY DID YOU BUY ONE???????

Stupid people
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by JamieQ
A Metronome. Are they any good? or have i wasted my money.

Are you on drugs?
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by flyingjew34
If you didn't really know if a metronome was good or if you wasted your money.... WHY DID YOU BUY ONE???????

Stupid people

You saved me typing that myself.....more time for me to order guitar things that Im not sure are worthwhile
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone