So I've got a Jackson X Series DX10D. It's a basswood body with a bolt on neck. Not the greatest guitar in the world or the most expensive, but it works.

I'm looking to buy some DiMarzio pickups and was hoping to get some feedback as to which I should go with. The guitar has two Duncan humbuckers and I want to ditch them both.

I'm looking for something that's going to give me more output and gain while offering a warmer and cleaner tone for harmony parts and shredding. I'm into anything prog-metal...

I'm thinking the D-Sonic for my bridge
And an Air Nortan for the Neck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
^ what amp do you have? do you have anything against other brands (hint: you shouldn't)? what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play through a Line 6 Spider 110. Nothing fancy. The only reason I'm thinking DiMarzio is that it seems everyone I listen to uses em. I'm not looking for super high output so I don't need active pickups, and I don't want to spend more than $200 for both. Heh the guitar itself only cost $500.
ya you need a new amp new pick ups wont make that piece of **** sound good
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Blah blah blah...buy a tube amp....blah blah blah. Look, tube amps are for my grandpa and maybe EJ. I've got a Marshal tube anyhow and it broke + I'm too lazy/cheap to get it fixed.

Thanks. Any real suggestions?
no, iuf youre gonna be an areshole about it then you can fuck off, twat.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Heh, my bad. Didn't realize sayine tube apms aren't my thing offends people.

If Flamed Then Do Next
Dim my.post as offensive
Set my.post = sweet
your.post.visible = False
End
Just get a new amp. What Marshall is it? Get it fixed. It can be much cheaper to fix the amp than to buy new p'ups.
Sent from my iPad.
Also, I record through a DI into Nuendo, and the pickups make the recording sound like poo...
And nobody flame about Mic'ing my amp or "Use Pr0tools...Macs ARE teh PWN d00d"

Again, that's what I got sorry it's not the best.
Quote by denizenz
Blah blah blah...buy a tube amp....blah blah blah. Look, tube amps are for my grandpa and maybe EJ. I've got a Marshal tube anyhow and it broke + I'm too lazy/cheap to get it fixed.

Thanks. Any real suggestions?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Super3, or Super Distortion are two of the popular High Output Dimarzio Humbuckeres for bridge position. I forgot there output rating, but its in the 300+range.

Super 2 is excellent Neck pickup because of its high treble response.
Quote by denizenz
Heh, my bad. Didn't realize sayine tube apms aren't my thing offends people.

If Flamed Then Do Next
Dim my.post as offensive
Set my.post = sweet
your.post.visible = False
End

Wow, not only are you a fucking idiot, you're a dork as well.

Allow me to try in a language you might compehend:

MannerOfSpeaking = smallwords.rtf

Tube amps are not only for classic rock. Many popular bands in all genres (no, "Genres" is too complicated a word for this moron) kinds of music, from blues to metal, use amplifiers (Better clarify) guitar amplifiers that utilize tubes.

SetLang = dork

t3h t00bs am pWn 4 lotzzzzz of MuzikZ, liek TRIBIUM nd MUSTELLICA si using teh t00bs. LOL! wats ur myspace? i wnt 2 b ur FREND!!!!!!
oh alright then, by prog metal do you mean dream theater? what type of tone are you after from the bridge?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Danno13

Tube amps are not only for classic rock. Many popular bands in all genres (no, "Genres" is too complicated a word for this moron) kinds of music, from blues to metal, use amplifiers (Better clarify) guitar amplifiers that utilize tubes.

SetLang = dork

t3h t00bs am pWn 4 lotzzzzz of MuzikZ, liek TRIBIUM nd MUSTELLICA si using teh t00bs. LOL! wats ur myspace? i wnt 2 b ur FREND!!!!!!

I don't think any of this is in English. I'm sure it was very insightful though so thanks.

Quote by Dave_Mc
oh alright then, by prog metal do you mean dream theater? what type of tone are you after from the bridge?

Any prog or melodic metal. I'm looking for a little higher gain or output but with anough warmth and clarity to not muck up solo's and melodic content.
Quote by Danno13

SetLang = dork

can i marry you please?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I agree about checking into a new amp first, be it a tube or a solid state amp. Have you checked out DiMarzio's website? They have some sound clips available. I also like EMG active pickups, might check them out as well. What Duncans pickups do you have?
Quote by denizenz

Any prog or melodic metal. I'm looking for a little higher gain or output but with anough warmth and clarity to not muck up solo's and melodic content.

you'll want a tube amp then. Depending on budget, look into genz benz (the el-diablo), mesa (rectos, f-series, marks, roadking), engl (various models), framus, diezel, soldano, vht, koch, cornford, peavey etc.

obviously, though, it might take a while to save for those. I don't think I'd recommend getting pickups before a new amp, 'cos then you'll know what you need the pickups to do better.

of course, needless to say, I bought new pickups before I got a new amp, but I got pretty lucky...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?