Hey,

I don't know much about guitars and pickups.... but, would anyone recommend getting new pickups for my ephiphone les paul studio? It has the factory ones.

What would you guys suggest?
GODDAMN!!!
what music do you play/like?!?!
what amp do you have?!?!?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I like to play GNR, hard rock, just about a bit of everything. I have a little crappy practice amp (Peavey 158). I just like to play at home and record my own stuff w/ a POD
well slash uses two seymour duncan alnico II humbuckers.

> im putting these in my epi lp>. a Seymour duncan JB in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck. that combo is super versatile and sounds great.
How do i know what pickups are currently on my epiphone les paul studio? they're from the factory. I assume the alnico II will dramatically improve the tone? i dont know much about pickups ....how many would i need to get.... 2? neck + bridge?
Well you don't need two. You need one for each pickup you want to replace, If you like the sound of one of your pickups but not the other just change the one you don't like.

You only need to replace both if you're getting active pickups like the Seymour Duncan Livewires or EMG's
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
first of all. ive got an epi studio, they are great for modding. mahogany/alder core.

second. ive got a jazz/jb combo, not exactlly "Versatile." more like high output heavy high treble bridge and good neck cleans.

third. always upgrade ur amp first. how bad is that peavey?

do u play with a band?

last. im putting pearly gates in mine, heavy hard rock SD pup. maybe a BK to compliment it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Oh my god!

Upgrade that amp, it's horrible.

My friend has one, it's just... bad. There's no other word for it.

What's the most you're willing to spend on an amp? Because upgrading your pickups would be useless compared to getting a new amp.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Well, I'd get a small amp. What do you suggest? I don't need the effects in the amp b/c I have a POD. Budget.... less than 500 i guess.
A used Marshall JCM 800 combo
EDIT: or better yet, the 900
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
well if u want a tube amp there's always 15W blues junior.
mines got a great tone. excellent cleans, take OD pedals really well.

marshall is sort of overkill.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^He said he played hard rock though, and GNR used marshalls.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i mean overkill for bedroom use. not that marshall tube isnt a good brand.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Oh poor Jenny, the strife you must go through.

Yeah, here's some options for you amp wise...
Fender Blues Jr.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blues-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480512

Vox AD30VT
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959

Fender Pros:
-Tube
-Can be overdriven nicely for GNR
-Great cleans
Cons:
-Can't think of any.

Vox Pros:
-Hybrid, semi-decent tone for the price
-Amp Modeling is pretty damn right on, with tweaks
-Plenty of pre-built in effects that are fully useable due to 3 Editing routes
Cons:
-Hybrid, not as good as all tube