Does anyone listen to the Melvins anymore? if not thats a damn shame... metal heads dont like em cus the have that punk influence, but that **** is so ****ing heavy, Metallica doesnt even raise a ****ing finger to how heavy the Melvins are... Thet're coming to madison in some small venue show and im excited as hell, A Melvins show kinda just comes outta no where i guess
I've been meaning to look into them for a long time, I just keep forgetting. I really like the songs I've heard, though. What's the best album to start out with?
Im really into this series of albums they put out that starts with the album THE MAGGOT, Another Great Album Is Stoner Witch, but THE MAGGOT can get really heavy and thats where its at, pick it up.... oh and the cd case is inverted, youll see what i mean
If you haven't listend to these guys before. Check out Stoner Witch or Whodini. Best played loud. I personally like the stuff with Mark D playing bass, which I guess is the rotating position in their band. They even have a few songs on MySpace if you're into that waste of time.
Quote by With_The_Bends
Does anyone listen to the Melvins anymore? if not thats a damn shame... metal heads dont like em cus the have that punk influence, but that **** is so ****ing heavy, Metallica doesnt even raise a ****ing finger to how heavy the Melvins are... Thet're coming to madison in some small venue show and im excited as hell, A Melvins show kinda just comes outta no where i guess

The Melvins f*cken kick ass live! They rock.

Ive been listening to their 2002 album Hostile Ambient Takeover. I didnt really like this album when it first came out, but I cant stop listening to it lately.
I have Houdini and listen to it occasionally, but I'm not really to into the Melvins. They're okay, but I wouldn't buy any more of them. I wasn't really that impressed.
If you like the melvs then check out the jelvins

the jelvins are:
jello biafra (ex-dead kennedys lead singer)
the melvins
and sometimes adam jones (guitarist of tool)
^F*CK YEAH, Jello and the Melvins!!!
Both albums kick serious ass.
Yeah, another one is Pigs of the Roman Empire with The Melvins and Brian Lustmord... he did the weather effects in 10,000 days, if you like that dark ambient stuff he's it.