can anyone tell me whats the differnece, and does it matter? I play some rock and blues I heard something about SRV using the ts808. Im gonna need an overdrive for my hotrod deville im hoping to be picking up.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby
The TS808 is more vintage voiced and supposedly sounds a little warmer. The TS9 still isn't modern sounding but I believe it might have a little more gain. It's basically a step below the TS808. Although, both are good pedals to boost your tone.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
i'd say the 808 is nicer than the 9, but look into the maxon, the maxon 808 to be precise.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Maxon is a more faithful reproduction of the original, a highly sought after pedal. The 808 is also true bypass while the 9 isn't so when you have it off your tone doesn't change.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Having had a chance to try the TS9 along side several other overdrive pedals, I can honestly say the pedal I prefered most was.............the Digitech Bad Monkey.
You heard me.
I would strongly recommend you try it out before spending possibly hundreds on a tube screamer. Plus, this thing costs about fifty bucks.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Mudder
The Maxon is a more faithful reproduction of the original, a highly sought after pedal. The 808 is also true bypass while the 9 isn't so when you have it off your tone doesn't change.

http://www.maxonfx.com/9/
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Archeo Avis
Having had a chance to try the TS9 along side several other overdrive pedals, I can honestly say the pedal I prefered most was.............the Digitech Bad Monkey.
You heard me.
I would strongly recommend you try it out before spending possibly hundreds on a tube screamer. Plus, this thing costs about fifty bucks.

I have heard A LOT of people say the bad monkey kicks ass, I haven't had a chance to try it, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I have heard A LOT of people say the bad monkey kicks ass, I haven't had a chance to try it, though.

You really should. Digitech got it right with that pedal.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^ aye, I see them everywhere, but I always have something I want to try out more (normally that I don't see everywhere), so it always gets pushed to the back of the try-out queue, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The 808 is more dynamic and warm, I have basically a 808 in a Boss Sd-1, same chips etc..
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster