I'm going to buy a Vader cab sometime soon. The VC212BK is available in 4, 8 or 16 Ohms. I have no clue about what Ohms ever are and what I should get. Could someone help me out? Thanks.

-I'm gonna hook it up to a 5150
-I play metal/death metal
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
check with 5150 it should say how many ohms. im not framiliar with the 5150 so idk off the top of my head
you just want to match it up to whatever impedance you have your amp set on. It's doesn't matter what the values are, as long as you can match them up.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Will having say 4 ohms sound different than having 8 or 16 ohms?
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
it shouldn't sound any different as long as your match them up, so 4ohm on the amp, with a 4ohm cab, 8ohm on the head->8ohm cab, etc..

It's when you mismatch them that the tone can change. Running a higher impedance cab than the amp is set on can result is a slightly smoother darker tone, that has less output and attack. This is the result of the amp running a little cooler, since it's pushing less current. If you put a lower impedance cab with a higher setting on the amp, it can push more current than it was designed for, and it can damage the transformer. Your best bet is just to make sure you match the setting on your amp, with whatever impedance cab you get.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
dont buy a 4 ohm cab, you will limit what can be hooked up to it. I recommend an 8 ohm or higher. They will work well with a 4, or 8 ohm amp.

-----------------{4 ohm amp]---------------[minimum 4 ohm speaker]

-----------------[8 ohm amp]----------------[minimum 8 ohm speaker]
I have a B-52 AT-212 and on the back it has a switch for 4, 8, and 16 ohms. I shined a flash light in the back and the speakers say 16 ohms on them. Now my question is, do I set the switch to 16 or 8 (8 cause it's 16 ohms across 2 speakers?)?
depends how it's wired, but with those speakers, I would assume it's parrallel, so the amp is seeing 8 ohms. If it were serial, it would be 32 ohms, and I don't think I've seen an amp with that high impedance settings.
amp clips
amp vids
I don't recommend mismatching at all. You lose power if you run a 4ohm amp to an 8 ohm speaker so it's just not worth it. Just check how many ohms your amp outputs and buy the cab with the same ohms resistance.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
my amp head has the option of switching from 4 to 8 ohms. My cab says that it is 8 ohms mono and 4 ohms stereo, and has 2 plug-in jacks and neither are labeled. Which plug in do i plug the cord going into my amp head, and on the amp do i switch it to 4 or 8 ohms?
Quote by unplugtheradio

i dub thee, Knight of Asskickery.

that is amazing

Quote by human-blasphamy
i like my nether regions shaved down till there soft as a babys ass. Cause thats where there going.

The Day Cas Pwnd UG.
Quote by Alreddyded
0mgz Br00tal Gh0st!11!11
The 5150 has 4,8, and 16 ohm outs, so any would work. However, I'd go with the 8 ohm one because it's the most common and you will be able to use it with more heads.