Ok i know theres a lot of these, but my questions are a bit more specific.

And im using this lesson for reference..
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/scales/minor_pentatonic_scales.html

Ok lets say we are looking at the A minor pentatonic.

Pentatonic A:
e-|--|-- |3-|--|5-|--|-- |8-|--|10|--|12|--|--|15|--|17|--|--|20|--|22|--|--|
B-|--|-- |3-|--|5-|--|-- |8-|--|10|--|--|13|--|15|--|17|--|--|20|--|22|--|--|
G-|--|2-|-- |--|5-|--|7-|-- |9-|--|--|12|--|14|--|--|17|--|19|--|21|--|--|--|
D-|--|2-|-- |--|5-|--|7-|-- |--|10|--|12|--|14|--|--|17|--|19|--|--|22|--|--|
A-|--|-- |3-|--|5-|--|7-|-- |--|10|--|12|--|--|15|--|17|--|19|--|--|22|--|--|
E-|--|-- |3-|--|5-|--|-- |8-|--|10|--|12|--|--|15|--|17|--|--|20|--|22|--|--|

And looking at the first postion that goes

e-|--|-- |3-|--|5-|
B-|--|-- |3-|--|5-|
G-|--|2-|-- |--|5-|
D-|--|2-|-- |--|5-|
A-|--|-- |3-|--|5-|
E-|--|-- |3-|--|5-|

So looking at the notes you can see that on the Low E string, of the fifth fret, is an A which is the root note for this pattern right? The notes here are going backwards. So that first "A" in the list below is the fifth fret, where the G is the 3rd fret on the low E string

A - G
D - C
G - E
C - A
E - D
A - G

Now theres a pattern right? Like a WWHWWW or something? But I got a little confsed. A whole step is a two step jump right? So if you look at the series of notes...

A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#
So the first there A-G is two jumps...since its going backwards, G, G#, A. The jump from the G to the A is a whole step. So thinking this way, and looking...

A - G Whole
D - C Whole
G - E
C - A
E - D Whole
A - G Whole

I guess my question is, the two blank things, has 3 half step jumps. E, F, F#, G. You have to jump three times...
Same with C-A (remember they are backwards)

Does that make since? Maybe this will help others having trouble too...
And also, with the five different positions, how can you find out where the root notes are on each form? I just assumed that since the Fifth fret was an "A" it was the root note in this case. This brings me to another question...but i think ill let this one get answered first.
You're using the pentatonic scale... the major scale is formed using the WWHWWWH - you have 2 blank spaces because the minor pentatonic scale only contains five notes, not seven.
well first, i know its an A minor pentatonic, i said so above...

But i dont understand why those two sections have a whole step and a half step jump. It only contains 5 notes? So are you saying that the two that are blank are not needed?

I dont really understand
The WWHWWWH method IS NOT used to construct minor pentatonic scale. That's why you have two spaces, because they DO NOT exist in the minor pentatonic scale.
you can start with your major scale , but you must us the minor pentatonic formula.

1 b3 4 5 b7 ( 1 )

penta means five so this scale has five notes , not seven .

you're using five of the seven major scale tones and two ( 3rd and 7th ) are lowered or flatted.
oh, haha got it thanks for clearing that up for me.

but in the 5 different positions for the minor pentatonic, how do you know which note is the root note?

Looking back at the reference link at the B minor pentatonic. On the low E string in that first position has frets 2 and 5, but fret 5 is an "A", and fret 2 is a "F#" so what makes that a B minor pentatonic
the answer to your last question will kind of answer your first one.

the root of that Bmin pattern is B second fret on the A string ( that's one of the roots anyway )

if you are talking about Bmin pentatonic , B will always be your root , but it may not be the lowest note of the pattern.

also a B note in any octave of the pattern is also a root note. think about it , you're just repeating the same five notes all over the fingerboard. Patterns are just a method of organizing the notes into logical groupings.
so the different positions have different root notes then? that makes sense and was thinking that was the case. But do you know where i could go to learn the different forms and tells u where the root notes are. when i searched for pentatonic scales i didnt see one that had the positions along with the root notes.

thanks for the help