How are half steps and whole steps measured in scales?
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
A half step is one fret, a whole step is two frets..

C-C# is a half step, C-D is a whole step.

Other than that, I don't really think there's more to tell about them?
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
....well in half steps and in whole steps....

a whole step is 2 half steps....which doesnt take a genius to work out

a half step is the same as 1 fret on the guitar, so therefore a wholestep is equivalent of 2 frets

i didnt really understand what you were askin but i hope that helped you out
Then how is it measured when more then two notes are played on the string. Like the major scale is measured WWhWWWH
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
i like to tune down a half step meaning that if i play 1st fret its open in standard
^good for you....

well

w means two frets on the guitar
and
h means move a fret

so from the root you move 2 frets to find the second note, and then another 2 for the third note, then one fret etc...
Quote by zwart_gitaar
Then how is it measured when more then two notes are played on the string. Like the major scale is measured WWhWWWH

i'm not exactly sure of your question , but the whole steps and half steps are the intervals between consecutive scale steps.

whole step.... Major 2nd

half step ..... min 2nd

as long as you follow your formula you can start your scale in various locations.

you could play the entire scale on one string ( a good way to visualize what's going on )