Now, I don't know why we decided to post our two offensive songs in a row, but we did, so here you go. This song is about BrokeBack Mountain, Gay Cowboys, and Willie Nelsons gay cowboy song. I wrote this after I heard about little Willies song and Brokeback Mountain was still an issue. It would have been cooler had I posted this while gay cowboys were still a hot topic but whatever....

Homo On The Range

Verse 1:

What is this its something pretty strange,
Willies havin' to much fun on his home on the range,
Gay cowboys are gathering around,
something is wrong with this mountain town.

verse 2:

Willie Nelson has gone the other way,
Who'd of guessed he would go with the gays,
A gay cowboy would be a sight to see,
It'd be disgusting and it would sicken me,

verse 3:

Brokeback Mountain I didn't see,
Even so it left an impression on me,
I now know gay cowboys exist,
I don't know if I should laugh or get pissed.

end.

Not to be totally affensive but gay people are ****ed up!!!!!!!! great song
Last edited by Blinkfanatic108 at Aug 9, 2006,
Quote by Blinkfanatic108
Not to be totally affensive but gay people are ****ed up!!!!!!!! great song

Then you're a closed-minded asshole. Gay people >>>>>>>>>>>> you.
Quote by MastaBassist10

What a stupid thing to say.
Thanks for the crits. Sorry Masta Bassist, but we have a right to our opinion right? We don't believe in all of your political views but we are still your fans, but whatever...
Quote by MastaBassist10

No no no. It's:

Gay people --------------->your ass.

See, the line is supposed to...represent....

Anyway, I have no problem with gay people.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
I agree with MastaBassist10 but you have a point. Eventhough it's degrading I would probably still listen to it. It's catchy and it's full of humor making it easy to digest. I especially liked the last two lines of verse 3. The Blinkfanatic dude is just retarded, I have a friend who's gay, yeah he acts like a girl but he's still pretty cool.
Anyways hope you can crit my song,
Before eternity's lost
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410521
Good song musiclaly, but it offends me heavly. And gays are not ****ed up. There people jus tlike you and me, and many very smart, secussful people have been gay or bisexual
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
how do you know it's good musically, all you did was read it. it is good musically of course, I mean it is The WOODnotes we're talking about.
Like **** man. The whoever you are has nothing to do with it. I mean the lyrics were good in a musical sence, though I know your a sonofabitch and, if there is a hell, going straight to it.

Wheres the chorus?

*Looks around corner*
*Looks under desk*

anyways, it had extremely biased political/sexual preference views, it's not that funny, the rhyming was annoyingly bad, it was really short, and it had no reason for your hatred.
Last edited by DanteR* at Aug 9, 2006,
its not like you made a good song about something offensive you made a horrible song about something offensive
Kk he's banned now.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
okay, this is how it goes: the two members of the WOODnotes are religious. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination, and a sin. We don't hate gay people, we just think they have made a bad choice and need to make it right. if our being anti-gay offended you I am very sorry, but it's our opinion and we believe it is right
I didnt think it was offensive. I just thought it was stupid. I laughed when I read the title...but that was the best part of the song. It seems like it was written by a few13-15 year old boys who just regurgitate exactly what their parents say. Here's a hint... get your own opinion, stop TRYING to be offensive, and learn how to write a good song or stop wasting our time. Thank you...
If to live is to die, then is to die to live? Thats a bunch of S_H_I_T.
Quote by WOODnotes
okay, this is how it goes: the two members of the WOODnotes are religious. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination, and a sin. We don't hate gay people, we just think they have made a bad choice and need to make it right. if our being anti-gay offended you I am very sorry, but it's our opinion and we believe it is right

Its not a fucking choice man. It really isn't.

didn't like the song personally... I didn't find it funny. How did I know this would turn into a debate on gays.. haha. As someone who believes in the bible, I also don't think homosexuality is a good thing. Still, just because they do something that many view "unproper" doesn't mean hate on them. I don't hate gays, I just don't think it's right. Like if I meet someone gay, I just say "ok..." and as long as they aren't too open (if you know what i mean) I don't have a problem with them. You do choose to be gay, some people have more of an urge to be than others. The only way I can put it is like children of alcoholics (please don't take this out of context)... they are more likely to drink heavily, but they don't always. Some people are born with more of an urge to be gay, but they don't have to be... it is a choice they make, influenced to a degree by their feelings they are born with.

That's it...
Last edited by a-user-name at Aug 11, 2006,
It's not a choice, supressing the feeling or letting it out, that's a choice, simply having the feeling not!
owe yeah, I don't like the song
Whether your political views coincide with mine or not, I'd rate that one as "terrible" and tell you to throw it out and start from scratch. Are you like, in 5th grade or something? The subject matter was retarded, nobody cares about gay people except uppity Bill O'-Reilly-types (who are all misinformed, btw), and the actual lyrics themselves were just bad.
Quote by a-user-name
You do choose to be gay, some people have more of an urge to be than others. The only way I can put it is like children of alcoholics (please don't take this out of context)... they are more likely to drink heavily, but they don't always. Some people are born with more of an urge to be gay, but they don't have to be... it is a choice they make, influenced to a degree by their feelings they are born with.

I'm not "anti-" or "pro-gay," I'm just "pro-shutting-up and getting the facts straight."

The only choice involved is whether they hide it or don't, that's it. All sorts of psychiatric organizations have agreed that it's basically a choice made for you in the first years of your life, NATURE and NURTURE combine and you get some wierdness in a few people. It's not possible for gay people to "convert" back to straightness, ask the APA (American Psychiatric Association), who reject the idea of "reparative" therapy for gays.

So basically, no.. you're wrong.
Ok, all we we're doing was posting one of our songs that we liked. We didn't try to anger anyone here, we just wanted crits like every other song of ours. and grant it, it is very very oppinionated(sp). but don't forget we all have a free speech right. as the other band member said before we are religious people. And the bible says that it is indeed a sin. if God intended us to be gay he would of created four people in the beginning, two gays and to people that were straight. WE DO NOT HATE GAYS, i know people that are gay, they are very nice people but that doesn't mean i have to agree with there CHOICE. I hope we didn't lose any friends we had on here by posting this thred, just from a simple song that pretty much tells everyone here that we aren't gay and we don't agree with the gays on there choice. thank you

WOODnotes
I have no comment on the song based on my purely subjective views on the subject, but I do have something to say in general. For the fuking love of god people leave your goddamn fervent conversations on gays out of S&L, I dont fuking care if you hate them or love them, and yes I know a song about it will spur some thoughts, but please just crit the song, nothing else. If you wanna discuss this schit go to the Pit.
Quote by #1 synth
I have no comment on the song based on my purely subjective views on the subject, but I do have something to say in general. For the fuking love of god people leave your goddamn fervent conversations on gays out of S&L, I dont fuking care if you hate them or love them, and yes I know a song about it will spur some thoughts, but please just crit the song, nothing else. If you wanna discuss this schit go to the Pit.

that is all we wanted. we didn't want a big discussion on it, we just wanted crits.

WOODnotes
hmmm... ok, first off, a friend of mind posted under me earlier... on first read, I thought this could be somewhat funny, but I think it failed. I agree with #1 synth that you should keep the whole gay debate to the other forums, since it doesn't really add anything useful to the process...