both guitars have their ups and downs (S has crappy pickups, but a better bridge).
I am wondering what would be the better guitar to buy new.
i can get the RG for $990 (CAD)
and the S for $626 (but would probably need some new pickups, so ive heard)

i play a lot of diferent types of music from: rock, classic, metal, blue, little jazz.

which one should i get??
well since you play a lot of different styles I would suggest the S470 and change pickups
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I have heard the range on the ZR trem was "meh"...

Also, they have the same pickups.

The S is also Mahogany, while the RG is Basswood.
I made pretty much this exact choice. I haven't bought it yet but I'm opting for the S. For me it was all about the trem bridge as that's why I'm buying it. After a much research and some great info from the forums, I decided the S was the choice for me. Besides, for the price you can't beat it.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
I'd go for the rg, it's a better-constructed guitar, made in japan etc. but that depends if you like basswood or not...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^+1 The trems are both very good, and both pups you'll probably want to replace. The RG is a prestige model though. Like Dave said, depends if you like basswood or not.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ya i think i'm gunna go with teamziaus, the S is like 300 bucks less and i can just put that towards an amp. and i think the mahogany body for the S is pretty sweet. gotta go with the S
^ ^ thanks, erock.

and that's a good point, what amp do you have, jaden?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
don't laugh, but right now i'm playing out of a 30 watt washburn bad dog
and my guitar is a oscar schmidt by washburn. so i need an upgrade badly
^ so how much cash do you have altogether?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i just bought a car so now a have 1500 canadian (which im willing to spend)
Quote by jaden_123
well i just bought a car so now a have 1500 canadian (which im willing to spend)

how much would that leave you for the amp if you go with the s470? about $900? i'd probably look into a traynor ycv50blue, I think you can get them pretty cheap over there, since they're canadian-made.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i definitely love the s470. i don't own one, but i've played em, and they're like heaven...but missing 2 frets. oh well.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
yeh get the s i find it much nicer to play and the tremelo is cool. also the shape of the body is pretty much perfectly comfortable to hold.
RG is an overall better guitar. The trem is top notch. Plus it's a MIJ prestige, so no dreaded cheap parts. *cough schecter cough*