ok, ive got a squier p-bass and was wondering what mods i shud put on it to improve the sound etc.

the sound im looking for is generally varied but something with some warm tones would be nice- i think a quarter pounder is right for the pickups.

but i was thinkin, what else could be done to make it sound sweeter? for example strings (i have heavy ernie balls on) bridge (stock) etc.

thanks! later
I tried once to defret my bass, didn't work out though, but if I knew any other way to do it I'd try it again! maybe you can defret your bass, a fretless is sweet as hell on a hot summer morning xD. Of course, for a fretless you'd need flatwound strings.
I don't know nothing about bass electronics, so I won't say anything
Gear:

Ibanez SoundGear SR300DX Bass

Digitech BP200
get a badassII bridge, and Basslines (SeymourDuncan) for the PUs
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
ok, ive found both items, quite cheaply.

are there any extra accessories i need for either? in particular the quarter pounders- do i need new wires etc for it? or are they included?

i have a soldering iron + solder.
A new bridge is definitly worth it, especially on the squier. The badass II is great, and i'm actually working on getting one for my Fender Jazz MIM. I'm not sure about what's included with the PUs. I'd just order them (or however your getting them) and see. If something's not included just buy what you need.

Personally I would replace the wires, but that's my nature.

Good luck with it!
I think it would be wicked to defret it and shave down the neck like a Geddy Lee Sig. The Necks are soooo nice on those.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
thanks. yeah, its gonna be my main bass for a year at least id say so im not gonna consider defretting it as of yet.

but if all goes well, and i get piles of money- itll be on my to do list.

im gonna order the parts over the next 2 days id say. and ill see whats what
Quote by mister389
damnit i double posted the same thing. sorry, having browser problems

solution:

edit>>Delete post>>Click "delete message">>click "Delete this message"

Simple rig fan.
Quote by poochy
solution:

edit>>Delete post>>Click "delete message">>click "Delete this message"

yeah i forgot about that. i usually dont make mistakes so i never know how to fix them
Quote by mister389
yeah i forgot about that. i usually dont make mistakes so i never know how to fix them

meh you're only human.

[/thread hi-jack]

threadstarter: You could always buy a scale neck off ebay and defret that, so then if you mess up, you'd still have the original neck to play on.

Simple rig fan.
that'd be such an expensive mistake. hell, i'd just by a fretless neck, screw defretting it myself
yeh, id be more inclined to buy a defretted neck. if i get the money.

im grand for the time being.

anyways, must buy those parts today stupid expensive american shipping